Cigna Medicare Part D Prescription Drug Plans contract with approximately 63,000 network pharmacies throughout the country, including major retail pharmacy and grocery store chains and local independent pharmacies. This network and our preferred home delivery option give you convenient access to pharmacies in your area.
Cigna's Medicare Drug / Pharmacy Search Tool allows you to see preferred and standard pharmacies in your area and get an estimate for your prescription drug costs. Please take note that the prices provided through this tool are estimates and can differ from the actual costs you will pay when you visit the pharmacy.
- When providing a cost estimate, we will use many factors that will affect the cost. Things like the pharmacy you use, the dosage, whether you order a 30, 60, or 90-day supply.
- For generics, the manufacturer of the generic medication can vary from pharmacy to pharmacy and over time. A different manufacturer may have different costs.
- The costs that are online can be nearly 30 days old before they are refreshed. So, we will use the best information that we have.
- Also, drugs costs can vary over time due to general price changes for several reasons such as:
- Drug prices change almost weekly just like the prices change on other things that you buy like milk or gas, for example.
- Or, if you are taking a generic medication, your pharmacy may have switched to a different manufacturer and this could result in a different price.
- In addition, what you pay may change throughout the year as you move through the stages of your coverage.
Over 30,000 Preferred Network Pharmacies
We want you to pay the lowest price possible for your medications. When you choose to get your medications at 1 of these preferred retail pharmacies, you’ll typically pay much less. And with so many retail pharmacies with preferred cost-shares, finding 1 is easy.*
Express Scripts PharmacySM—Preferred Home Delivery Savings
The Express Scripts Pharmacy, 1 of the leading home delivery companies, will be the preferred home delivery pharmacy for 2020.
We want to make it easier and more affordable for you to get your medications. There are several advantages to using home delivery. These include:
- Convenience—Fewer trips to the pharmacy.
- Savings—Now offering $0 copay for a 90-day supply of Tier 1 medications and additional copay savings that will vary based on your plan.**
- Peace of mind—With home delivery, you will always have the right supply of medication on hand, therefore you are less likely to miss a dose.
To set up a customer account with Express Scripts Pharmacy:
- Have your Cigna ID card and medication list ready
- Call Express Scripts at 1 (877) 860-0982 (TTY 711)
- Or go online and set up your profile at express-scripts.com, then call us when you are ready to discuss your prescriptions.
Express Scripts Pharmacy is a trademark of Express Scripts Strategic Development, Inc.
Other pharmacies are available in our network.
Where can I get my prescriptions filled?
- You will need to go to 1 of the pharmacies within the network, except in unusual circumstances or emergencies.
- All you need to do is present your Cigna ID card at the retail pharmacy. You can also get your routine maintenance prescription medications through a home delivery pharmacy.
What are the circumstances when Cigna would cover prescriptions filled at an out-of-network pharmacy?
Generally, we cover drugs filled at an out-of-network pharmacy only when you are not able to use a network pharmacy. Here are the circumstances when we would cover prescriptions filled at an out-of-network pharmacy:
- You travel outside the plan’s service area and run out of, or lose, covered Part D drugs, or become ill and need a covered Part D drug and cannot access a network pharmacy.
- You are unable to obtain a covered Part D drug in a timely manner within the service area because, for example, there is no network pharmacy within a reasonable driving distance that provides 24-hour service.
- You are filling a prescription for a covered Part D drug and that particular drug is not regularly stocked at an accessible network retail or mail-order pharmacy.
- Part D drugs are dispensed by an out-of-network, institution-based pharmacy while in an emergency facility, provider-based clinic, outpatient surgery, or other outpatient setting.
In these situations, please check first with Customer Service to see if there is a network pharmacy nearby. Call 1 (800) 222-6700 (TTY 711) 8:00 am - 8:00 pm local time, 7 days a week. Our automated phone system may answer your call during weekends from April 1 - Sept. 30.
*Preferred network pharmacy savings do not apply to all plans.
**Deductible and/or coverage gap cost-sharing may apply based on your plan.