Medicare Part D Pharmacy Network
Cigna-HealthSpring Rx (PDP) Medicare Part D plans contract with approximately 64,000 network pharmacies throughout the country, including major retail pharmacy and grocery store chains and local independent pharmacies. This network gives you convenient access to pharmacies in your area.
Cigna-HealthSpring's Drug / Pharmacy Search Tool allows you to get an estimate for your prescription drug costs. Please take note that the prices provided through this tool are estimates and can differ from the actual costs you will pay when you visit the pharmacy that fills your prescriptions.
- When providing a cost estimate we will use many factors that will affect the cost. Things like the pharmacy you use, the dosage, whether you order a 30, 60 or 90-day supply.
- For generics, the manufacturer of the generic medication can vary from pharmacy to pharmacy and over time. A different manufacturer may have different costs.
- The costs that are online can be nearly 30 days old before they are refreshed. So we will use the best information that we have.
- Also, drugs costs can vary over time due to general price changes for several reasons such as:
- Drug prices change almost weekly just like the prices change on other things that you buy like milk or gas, for example.
- Or if you are taking a generic medication, your pharmacy may have switched to a different manufacturer and this could result in a different price.
- In addition, what you pay may change throughout the year as you move through the stages of your coverage.
Preferred Mail Order Pharmacy Savings
Our Secure-Extra and Secure-Essential Medicare Part D plans offer a discount when you order a 90-day supply of your medication through our preferred network mail order (home delivery) pharmacy, Postal Prescription Services.
Mail Order Pharmacies (Home Delivery)
Cigna-HealthSpring offers home delivery options for your maintenance medications. You can choose Postal Prescription Services (PPS), a Kroger company, and you will receive preferred cost-shares.
- Have your Cigna-HealthSpring ID card and medication list ready
- Visit the PPS website: www.PPSRx.com
- Call PPS 1-800-552-6694 (opt. 2) (TTY 711)
After you create your account:
- Ask your doctor to send in a new prescription
- By mail:
PPS Customer Service, P.O. Box 2718, Portland OR 972208
NCPDP code - 3812674
There are also other mail order options available where you will receive standard cost shares.
Over 32,000 Preferred Network Pharmacies
We want you to pay the lowest price possible for your medications. When you choose to get your medications at one of these retail pharmacies, you’ll typically pay much less. And with so many retail pharmacies with preferred cost-shares, finding one is easy.
Where can I get my prescriptions filled?
- You will need to go to one of the pharmacies within the network, except in unusual circumstances or emergencies.
- All you need to do is present your Cigna-HealthSpring Rx ID card at the retail pharmacy. You can also get your routine maintenance prescription medications through a mail-order pharmacy.
What are the circumstances when Cigna-HealthSpring would cover prescriptions filled at an out-of-network pharmacy?
Generally, we cover drugs filled at an out-of-network pharmacy only when you are not able to use a network pharmacy. Here are the circumstances when we would cover prescriptions filled at an out-of-network pharmacy:
- You travel outside the plan’s service area and run out of, or lose, covered Part D drugs, or become ill and need a covered Part D drug and cannot access a network pharmacy.
- You are unable to obtain a covered Part D drug in a timely manner within the service area because, for example, there is no network pharmacy within a reasonable driving distance that provides 24 hour service.
- You are filling a prescription for a covered Part D drug and that particular drug is not regularly stocked at an accessible network retail or mail-order pharmacy.
- The Part D drugs are dispensed by an out-of-network institution-based pharmacy while in an emergency facility, provider-based clinic, outpatient surgery, or other outpatient setting.
In these situations, please check first with Customer Service to see if there is a network pharmacy nearby. Call 1-800-222-6700 (TTY 711) 8 am to 8 pm local time, 7 days a week. Our automated phone system may answer your call during weekends from April 1 - Sept. 30.
Request a Directory
- View our comprehensive pharmacy directory: English / Español
- Request that we mail you a pharmacy directory for your zip code area