Medicare Advantage Special Needs Plans
Shop and compare Medicare Advantage plans now
Something went wrong
We were unable to load Plan finder tool, please try again later.
Find in-network pharmacies and covered prescriptions, too.
Or, call us at
About Special Needs Plans
Individualized Care Plan
Based on the results of a
Interdisciplinary Care Team
Types of Special Needs Plans
When shopping for SNPs, you will see these types offered:
Dual SNP (D-SNP) for customers with both Medicare and Medicaid who qualify for a SNP. D-SNPs can help coordinate your benefits between Medicare and Medicaid.
Chronic SNP (C-SNP) for customers with diabetes mellitus.
Institutional SNP (I-SNP) for customers who live in a long-term care place or need a level of care most often supplied in a nursing home.
Can I get a Special Needs Plan?
There are 3 different types of SNP plans. To be eligible, you must:
- Have Medicare Part A (hospital insurance) and Part B (medical insurance)
- Live in the plan’s service area
- Meet the eligibility requirements for the SNP
What are the eligibility requirements for SNPs?
Dual Eligible SNP (D-SNP)
You’re eligible for both Medicare and Medicaid. D-SNPs contract with your state Medicaid program to help coordinate your Medicare and Medicaid benefits, depending on the state and your eligibility.
Chronic Condition SNP (C-SNP)1
You have one or more of these severe or disabling chronic conditions:
- Chronic alcohol and other dependence
- Certain autoimmune disorders
- Cancer (excluding pre-cancer conditions)
- Certain cardiovascular disorders
- Chronic heart failure
- Diabetes mellitus
- End-stage liver disease
- End-Stage Renal Disease (ESRD) requiring dialysis (any mode of dialysis)
- Certain severe hematologic disorders
- Certain chronic lung disorders
- Certain chronic and disabling mental health conditions
- Certain neurologic disorders
Institutional SNP (I-SNP)2
You live in the community but need the level of care a facility offers, or you live (or are expected to live) for at least 90 days straight in a facility like a:
- Nursing home
- Intermediate care facility
- Skilled nursing facility
- Rehabilitation hospital
- Long-term care hospital
- Swing-bed hospital
- Psychiatric hospital
- Other facility that offers similar long-term, health care services and whose residents have similar needs and health care status as residents of the facilities listed above
Are you a caregiver?
As a caregiver, it’s your role to make sure your family member or loved one is getting their health care needs met. A Special Needs Plan can help you with the hard choices that may need to be made. If you have questions, call us at 1 (800) 668-3813 (TTY 711), 8 am – 8 pm, 7 days a week.
For more information,
Often bought together
Have a plan in mind?
If you have a Cigna HealthcareSM Medicare Plan in mind, you can enroll online, or by phone, mail, or fax.
‡ Selecting these links will take you away from Cigna Healthcare Medicare plans.
This information is for educational purposes only.
1 Cigna only offers the diabetes coverage at this time.
2 We do not offer I-SNP programs as of today.
Cigna Healthcare has been approved by the National Committee for Quality Assurance (NCQA) to operate as a Special Needs Plan (SNP) until 2024 based on a review of our Model of Care. Cigna Healthcare will still need to be approved each year by CMS (Center for Medicare & Medicaid Services) in order to operate. If you have questions regarding our approval by the NCQA, please contact our Customer Service Team at
Something went wrong
We were unable to load Medicare Connectus form, please try again later.
Customer Plan Links
Other Cigna Websites
Medicare Advantage and Medicare Part D Policy Disclaimers
Cigna Healthcare products and services are provided exclusively by or through operating subsidiaries of The Cigna Group. The Cigna Healthcare names, logos, and marks, including THE CIGNA GROUP and CIGNA HEALTHCARE are owned by The Cigna Group Intellectual Property, Inc. Subsidiaries of The Cigna Group contract with Medicare to offer Medicare Advantage HMO and PPO plans and Part D Prescription Drug Plans (PDP) in select states, and with select State Medicaid programs. Enrollment in a Cigna Healthcare product depends on contract renewal.
To file a marketing complaint,
Medicare Supplement Policy Disclaimers
Medicare Supplement website content not approved for use in: Oregon.
AN OUTLINE OF COVERAGE IS AVAILABLE UPON REQUEST. We'll provide an outline of coverage to all persons at the time the application is presented.
Our company and agents are not connected with or endorsed by the U.S. Government or the federal Medicare program. This is a solicitation for insurance. An insurance agent may contact you. Premium and benefits vary by plan selected. Plan availability varies by state. Medicare Supplement policies are underwritten by Cigna National Health Insurance Company, Cigna Health and Life Insurance Company, American Retirement Life Insurance Company or Loyal American Life Insurance Company. Each insurer has sole responsibility for its own products.
The following Medicare Supplement Plans are available to persons eligible for Medicare due to disability: Plan A in Arkansas, Connecticut, Indiana, Maryland, Oklahoma, Texas, and Virginia; Plans A, F, and G in North Carolina; and Plans C and D in New Jersey for individuals aged 50-64. Medicare Supplement policies contain exclusions, limitations, and terms under which the policies may be continued in force or discontinued. For costs and complete details of coverage, contact the company.
This website is designed as a marketing aid and is not to be construed as a contract for insurance. It provides a brief description of the important features of the policy. Please refer to the policy for the full terms and conditions of coverage.
In Kentucky, Plans A, F, G, HDG, N are available under Cigna National Health Insurance Company, Plans A, F, G, HDF, N are available under Cigna Health and Life Insurance Company and Plans A, B, C, D, F, G, N are available under Loyal American Life Insurance Company.
Kansas Disclosures, Exclusions and Limitations
Medicare Supplement Policy Forms: Plan A: CNHIC-MS-AA-A-KS, CNHIC-MS-AO-A-KS; Plan F: CNHIC-MS-AA-F-KS, CNHIC-MS-AO-F-KS; Plan G: CNHIC-MS-AA-G-KS, CNHIC-MS-AO-G-KS; Plan N: CNHIC-MS-AA-N-KS, CNHIC-MS-AO-N-KS
Exclusions and Limitations:
The benefits of this policy will not duplicate any benefits paid by Medicare. The combined benefits of this policy and the benefits paid by Medicare may not exceed one-hundred percent (100%) of the Medicare Eligible Expenses incurred. This policy will not pay benefits for the following:
(1) the Medicare Part B Deductible;
(2) any expense which You are not legally obligated to pay; or services for which no charge is normally made in the absence of insurance;
(3) any services that are not medically necessary as determined by Medicare;
(4) any portion of any expense for which payment is made by Medicare or other government programs (except Medicaid); or for which payment would have been made by Medicare if You were enrolled in Parts A and B of Medicare;
(5) any type of expense not a Medicare Eligible Expense except as provided previously in this policy;
(6) any deductible, Coinsurance or Co-payment not covered by Medicare, unless such coverage is listed as a benefit in this policy; or
(7) Preexisting Conditions: We will not pay for any expenses incurred for care or treatment of a Preexisting Condition for the first six (6) months from the effective date of coverage. This exclusion does not apply if You applied for and were issued this policy under guaranteed issue status; if on the date of application for this policy You had at least six (6) months of prior Creditable Coverage; or, if this policy is replacing another Medicare Supplement policy and a six (6) month waiting period has already been satisfied. Evidence of prior coverage or replacement must have been disclosed on the application for this policy. If You had less than six (6) months prior Creditable Coverage, the Preexisting Conditions limitation will be reduced by the aggregate amount of Creditable Coverage. If this policy is replacing another Medicare Supplement policy, credit will be given for any portion of the waiting period that has been satisfied.