Dental insurance to keep you smiling. There
are probably a lot of things you'd rather do than go to the dentist. But your teeth and gums are the gateway to good health. If you're unsure if you can afford dental coverage, you're like many American adults1—but get ready to smile.
If you're enrolled in a Cigna medical insurance plan, you can add affordable dental coverage. That way, you can manage all your health care needs in one place. What's more convenient than that?
With a Cigna dental plan, you'll get coverage for many services, not just routine cleanings and X-rays. Save the most when you stay in network, but whether you choose an in-network or out-of-network dentist or specialist, you'll enjoy a wide range of dental coverage, including:
- Preventive care (cleanings, X-rays, and more)^
- Basic care (fillings, basic restorative work)^
- Major services (bridges, crowns, root canals and more)^
Benefits of Cigna Dental
It's easier to manage your medical and dental care with:
- Convenient billing and payments. Get your medical and dental insurance statements on one bill.
- No claims submissions. Cigna network dentists submit claims automatically.
- No need to choose a primary dentist. You have access to our national network of over 70,000 dentists, and can choose one whenever you're ready.
- No referrals needed for specialist care. Choose from in-network providers, and you'll experience the greatest value.
- Customer Service. Call 1.877.484.5967 8:00 AM to 8:00 PM (ET), Monday through Friday, or download the enrollment from myCigna.com.
- Online access with myCigna.com.View medical and dental claims online, anytime. Plus manage your health and budget with tools like an oral health assessment and awarding winning cost estimator2.
- Mobile access on the go. Find a dentist, check coverage and show your ID card with the myCigna Mobile app.
Did you know?
Being your best self includes keeping up with your dental health. It's an important part of your overall health. Poor dental health can lead to other problems. For example, research shows a link between gum disease and conditions like pre-term birth, heart disease, stroke and diabetes3.
The connection between oral health and overall health has both lifestyle and cost implications. In fact, a 2012 Cigna study shows 27.5% medical savings when periodontal conditions are treated4.
Our affordable plans and services, 24/7 customer support and large national network of dentists are designed with you in mind.
And your visits to the dentist? We can help make those something to smile about.
1 In a 2012 federal survey, 42% of adults that cited cost as the main reason to forego a dental visit for an oral health problem said they could not afford treatment, or did not have insurance ("Oral health status measured in national survey*," the American Dental Association).
2 Top Technology Innovation, InformationWeek 500, September 2012
3 www.adha.org* (American Dental Hygienist Association)
4 "Appropriate Periodontal Therapy Associated with Lower Medical Utilization and Costs," presented at the International Association for Dental Research Meeting, March 2013, Seattle
^Coinsurance or waiting periods (Basic: six months and Major: 12 months) can apply.