Learn how to use the all-new myCigna Mobile App
The myCigna mobile app gives you a simple way to personalize, organize and access your important health information — on the go. Use it to:
- Review deductibles, out-of-pocket maximums, account balances, what you've spent and what your plan has paid to-date towards your care.
- Look up network doctors and other health care professionals, hospitals, labs. You can even see which prescription drugs are covered by your plan.
- View and store your family's ID Cards in one convenient place. You can also print or email your cards, right from your smartphone.
Commonly Asked Questions
If, after reading the info below, you still have questions or can't find what you're looking for, call 1.800.223.9730, 24/7/365.
- How do I access the myCigna mobile app?
- Download the myCigna app from the App Store or Google Play. (You must be an enrolled Cigna customer to use it.)
- If you're already a registered user of myCigna.com, tap the "Login" button and enter your user name and password to access the app.
- If you're not already registered, you'll need to create a login/user name and password. Simply tap the "Register" button to get started. You'll need your account information, SSN (optional), and birth date to complete your registration.
- Is my health information secure while using the app?
Yes. The app integrates the latest security technology so your personal health information is safe whether you're online or off. For detailed information about your online privacy and security, please see "Privacy Information" located in the "More" section of the app (available from the app dashboard).
- What mobile devices can I download the myCigna app to?
iOS and Android devices including the iPad and tablets running on the Android platform. To download to your iPad, visit the App Store and look for it on the iPhone Apps tab.
- Can I use my app if I'm offline or someplace where my cell phone or device doesn't have coverage?
The myCigna Mobile app is designed to show you detailed and meaningful information about your coverage in real-time, so wireless connectivity is required.
This app interfaces with a secure Cigna network and requires you to login whenever you use it. For even more security, we've incorporated additional timeouts within the app. If you log in but then leave the app idle, you'll automatically be logged out. This helps us deliver the most up-to-date information while offering you the best security safeguards possible.
- Why am I experiencing slow loading times?
There are a number of reasons. Depending on where you are at any given time, data speeds can vary. Congestion, large structures, even weather can impact the data speed of the myCigna Mobile app.
Features of the app, such as the Directory and Claims are especially data-rich. Updating your account information in real time to ensure the most current information available can slow data speed.
- Why won't the myCigna app download to my device?
Check your device's available space. The myCigna app requires 20 MB.
- Make sure you're downloading to an iOS (version 5.10 or higher) or Android (OS 2.3 or higher) mobile device.
- Wait a few minutes and try downloading the app again.
- If you're still experiencing problems, call 1.800.223.9730, 24/7/365.
- How quickly is my claims information updated on the myCigna mobile app?
Claims information is not updated any differently than it is on myCigna.com; expect an update every few hours. Each time you login to your mobile app, your claims information is refreshed. So while you may not see anything different, your information will be current.
- Can my dependents download the myCigna mobile app and manage their own information?
Yes. Others covered under your plan can manage their health care as well using the myCigna app.