Cigna strongly encourages you to submit claims electronically, including Coordination of Benefits (COB) claims. There are two easy ways to submit electronic claims to Cigna, including:
Direct electronic claim submission
With direct electronic claim submission, you can submit claims directly to Cigna using Post-n-Track™ web service. This easy-to-use, secure software is available at no additional cost. Key advantages of using Post-n-Track include:
- Easy to download and install
- Compatible with most existing systems and HIPAA-standard 837 claim files
- Delivers information in real-time
- Quick, detailed notification for claims submitted with missing or invalid data
- One, easy connection for all Cigna claims
Electronic claim filing through a clearinghouse
You can also submit your claims through a third party and still enjoy all the advantages of electronic filing, including:
- Streamlined billing, helping to reduce paperwork
- Faster claim delivery than traditional mail
- Improved feedback/correction capability for claims with missing or invalid data
- One address for all Cigna claims
- Online confirmation that your claims were received by Cigna
Contact one of these clearinghouses to have claims submitted directly to Cigna electronically:
OptumInsight (formerly Ingenix)
MD On-Line submits claims to Cigna using Post-n-Track software, or through one of the clearinghouses above. If you currently submit 100 percent of your claims to Cigna on paper and agree to convert to electronic claims submission, you may be eligible to receive free claims submission service or qualify for special offers on all payer solutions. Contact MD On-Line for more information:
We strongly encourage you to submit claims electronically through a clearinghouse to save time and money. However, if you need to file a paper claims, use one of these claim forms:
Tips for paper claim submission:
- After completing the appropriate form, mail it to the address shown on the back of your patient's Cigna ID card.
- Use machine-printed forms whenever possible and black ink to handwrite information.
- Include the patient's Cigna ID number on all claim attachments and correspondence.
5010 transaction standards
Read important information about what is changing for 5010.