For security reasons, Cigna.com no longer supports your browser version. Please update your browser, or use an alternative browser such as Google Chrome, Microsoft Edge, or Mozilla Firefox for the best Cigna.com experience.
For organizations outside of our LocalPlus® service areas, a preferred provider organization (PPO) health plan provides employees with access to a large network of quality providers across the United States.
About the Network
Cigna's national network of doctors and facilities makes it easy for employees to get in-network care.
Typical Plan Structure
Your plan will vary based on what you discuss with your local Cigna representative, but here is a basic summary of how PPO plans typically work:
- Primary care physician (PCP) selection is not required
- Referrals are not required to see a specialist
- Out-of-network coverage is included at a higher out-of-pocket cost
- Pre-certification may be required for hospitalizations and some types of outpatient care
- Cost-sharing options are available through customized deductibles, copays, coinsurance, and out-of-pocket maximums
Benefits of Cigna Medical Plans
- 24/7/365 live customer service, when and where employees need it
- Award-winning digital tools for employees, including the myCigna® mobile app
- Worldwide in-network coverage for emergencies1
- Most plans offer access to Cigna's large national network of labs, x-ray and radiology offices, and dialysis centers
- Option for employers to offer consumer driven health plan (CDHP) accounts, including health reimbursement accounts (HRAs,) health savings accounts (HSAs), and flexible spending accounts (FSAs) (available with most plan types) Option for employers to bundle pharmacy, behavioral health, dental, and more
- Optional health and wellness incentive programs to encourage and reward employees2
- Self-funded and fully insured funding options for employers, if applicable
- Dedicated client service team
1For Emergency Services as defined by the applicable plan documents.
2Incentive programs are funded by the employer and may not be available with all product types
Cigna PPO plans are insured and/or administered by Cigna Health and Life Insurance Company. Product availability may vary by location and plan type and is subject to change. All group health insurance policies and health benefit plans contain exclusions and limitations. For costs and complete details of coverage, contact your Cigna representative. Policy forms: OK - HP-APP-1 et al., OR - HP-POL38 02-13, TN - HP-POL43/HC-CER1V1 et al