Cigna vision insurance plans add value to any Cigna medical or dental plan. All employees can benefit from a regular eye exam to keep their vision healthy. Our vision coverage is a cost-effective benefit solution that offers flexibility and choices for employers and employees.
About the Network
Cigna offers one of the largest specialty networks1 of optometrists, ophthalmologists and nationally recognized eye care retailers. It's important to know that the Cigna Vision Preferred Provider Organization (PPO) network is separate from the networks for Cigna medical plans. When employees stay in network, they can also take advantage of discounts of 20% on additional purchases through the Cigna Healthy Rewards® Vision Network Savings Program.2
The Indemnity Vision Care plan lets employees visit any licensed eye care professional. There are no in- or out-of- network requirements.
Vision Plan Options
Cigna offers group vision plans, and plan benefits will vary based on what you discuss with your local Cigna representative. Here is a summary of how the Cigna Vision PPO plan works:
- For in-network services, employees pay a copay and any amount over the Vision PPO plan's materials allowance.
- Out-of-network services may be covered at a higher cost. Employees save money by using in-network providers.
Benefits of Cigna Plans
- Award-winning digital tools for employees including the myCigna® mobile app
- Option for employers to bundle medical, pharmacy, behavioral health, dental, and more
- Hassle-free administration, with one monthly statement, one eligibility file and one account manager for all your Cigna products
- Optional value-added programs to encourage and reward employees
- Dedicated client service team
1Network Comparison: CIGNA Versus Data Source: NetMinder (Q4 annual update)
2This is a discount program and is NOT insurance. Customers are required to pay the entire discounted charge directly to participating providers. Actual discount offers may vary and are subject to change.
Cigna Vision plans are only available to employers who also offer a Cigna group medical or dental product to their employees. All group vision insurance policies and benefit plans contain exclusions and limitations. For costs and details of coverage, contact a Cigna representative. Group vision plans are insured and/or administered by Cigna Health and Life Insurance Company. Policy forms: OK - HP-APP-1 et al., OR - HP-POL38 02-13, TN - HP-POL43/HC-CER1V1 et al.