Group Vision Insurance Plans
Cigna vision insurance plans add value when offered alongside a Cigna medical or dental plan.
About the Network
Cigna offers one of the largest specialty networks of routine vision care professionals in the nation by blending popular retail stores, online providers, with an extensive selection of private practice optometrist and ophthalmologist offices.1 Many of these sites offer night and weekend hours so that employees can access care with in-network savings when and where they need it. And, with out-of-network allowances on most plans, Cigna Vision customers can receive care where it’s most convenient for them.
Vision Plan Options
Cigna offers group vision plans, and plan benefits will vary based on what you discuss with your local Cigna representative. Here is a summary of how the Cigna Vision PPO plan works:
- For in-network services, employees pay a copay/coinsurance, any amount over the Vision PPO plan's materials allowance, and charges for non-covered services.
- For out-of-network services, employees pay in full at time of service and submit a claim and itemized statement for reimbursement up to their plans stated allowances. Employees can minimize out-of-pocket costs and save money by using in-network providers.
All employees can benefit from a regular eye exam to help keep their vision healthy. Our vision coverage is a cost-effective benefit solution that offers flexibility and choices for employers and employees.
Did you know?
- Over 80% of all visual impairment can be prevented or cured2
- 82% of people living with blindness are aged 50 and above2
- 11 million children are visually impaired due to refractive errors, a condition that could be easily diagnosed and corrected3
- People with diabetes are more likely to suffer from glaucoma than people without diabetes4
Benefits of Cigna Vision Plans
- A wide range of benefit plans with options for administrative services and fully insured funding
- In- and out-of-network coverage through a network of eye care professionals
- Access to quality eye care professionals
- Hassle-free administration, with one monthly statement, one eligibility file and one account manager for all your Cigna health care products
Digital tools for employeesincluding the myCigna® mobile app
- Option for employers to bundle medical, pharmacy, behavioral health, dental, and more
- Optional value-added programs to encourage and reward employees
- Dedicated client service team
Managing Vision Benefits on myCigna
See how your employees can manage their vision coverage and make the most of their benefits with myCigna. (Length: 00:02:46).
Managing Vision Benefits on myCigna
More Dental and Vision Plans
Save money with the right mix of benefits – at the right price.
Contact your broker or connect with a Cigna representative to discuss your organization’s unique needs.
1 NetMinder. April 1, 2020. The Ignition Group makes no warranty regarding the performance of data and the results that would be obtained by using it.
2 Vision Disability: Types and Information, Disabled World, April 8, 2022,
3 Centers for Disease Control and Prevention,
4 American Diabetes Association,
Cigna Vision plans are only available to employers who also offer a Cigna group medical or dental product to their employees. All group vision insurance policies and benefit plans contain exclusions and limitations. For costs and details of coverage, contact a Cigna representative. Group vision plans are insured and/or administered by Cigna Health and Life Insurance Company. Policy forms: OK - HP-APP-1 et al., OR - HP-POL38 02-13, TN - HP-POL43/HC-CER1V1 et al.
Let's Get Started
Thank you for your interest in Cigna's Group Insurance solutions. Please provide some basic information about your company and a representative will contact you.
I want to...
Secure Member Sites
The Cigna Group Information
Individual and family medical and dental insurance plans are insured by Cigna Health and Life Insurance Company (CHLIC), Cigna HealthCare of Arizona, Inc., Cigna HealthCare of Illinois, Inc., Cigna HealthCare of Georgia, Inc., Cigna HealthCare of North Carolina, Inc., Cigna HealthCare of South Carolina, Inc., and Cigna HealthCare of Texas, Inc. Group health insurance and health benefit plans are insured or administered by CHLIC, Connecticut General Life Insurance Company (CGLIC), or their affiliates (see
All insurance policies and group benefit plans contain exclusions and limitations. For availability, costs and complete details of coverage, contact a licensed agent or Cigna sales representative. This website is not intended for residents of New Mexico.