Group Vision Insurance Plans
Cigna vision insurance plans add value when offered alongside a Cigna medical or dental plan.
About the Network
Cigna offers one of the largest specialty networks of routine vision care professionals in the nation.1 It's important to know that the Cigna Vision Preferred Provider Organization (PPO) network is separate from the networks for Cigna medical plans. When employees stay in network, they can also take advantage of discounts of 20% on additional purchases through the Cigna Healthy Rewards® Vision Network Savings Program.2
Vision Plan Options
Cigna offers group vision plans, and plan benefits will vary based on what you discuss with your local Cigna representative. Here is a summary of how the Cigna Vision PPO plan works:
- For in-network services, employees pay a copay/coinsurance, any amount over the Vision PPO plan's materials allowance, and charges for non-covered services.
- For out-of-network services, employees pay in full at time of service and submit a claim and itemized statement for reimbursement up to their plans stated allowances. Employees can minimize out-of-pocket costs and save money by using in-network providers.
All employees can benefit from a regular eye exam to help keep their vision healthy. Our vision coverage is a cost-effective benefit solution that offers flexibility and choices for employers and employees.
Did you know?
- Over 80% of all visual impairment can be prevented or cured1
- 81% of people living with blindness are aged 50 and above1
- 11 million children are visually impaired due to refractive errors, a condition that could be easily diagnosed and corrected2
- People with diabetes are more likely to suffer from glaucoma than people without diabetes3
Benefits of Cigna Vision Plans
- A wide range of benefit plans with options for administrative services and fully insured funding
- In- and out-of-network coverage through a network of eye care professionals
- Access to quality eye care professionals
- Hassle-free administration, with one monthly statement, one eligibility file and one account manager for all your Cigna health care products
Digital tools for employeesincluding the myCigna® mobile app
- Option for employers to bundle medical, pharmacy, behavioral health, dental, and more
- Optional value-added programs to encourage and reward employees
- Dedicated client service team
More Dental and Vision Plans
Save money with the right mix of benefits – at the right price.
Contact your broker or connect with a Cigna representative to discuss your organization’s unique needs.
1 World Blind Union,
2 Centers for Disease Control and Prevention,
3 American Diabetes Association,
4 NetMinder 9/2018. The Ignition Group makes no warranty regarding the performance of the data and the results that will be obtained by using it.
5 This is a discount program and is NOT insurance. Customers are required to pay the entire discounted charge directly to participating providers. Actual discount offers may vary and are subject to change.
Cigna Vision plans are only available to employers who also offer a Cigna group medical or dental product to their employees. All group vision insurance policies and benefit plans contain exclusions and limitations. For costs and details of coverage, contact a Cigna representative. Group vision plans are insured and/or administered by Cigna Health and Life Insurance Company. Policy forms: OK - HP-APP-1 et al., OR - HP-POL38 02-13, TN - HP-POL43/HC-CER1V1 et al.
Let's Get Started
Thank you for your interest in Cigna's Group Insurance solutions. Please provide some basic information about your company and a representative will contact you.
I want to...
Secure Member Sites
Cigna Company Information
Individual and family medical and dental insurance plans are insured by Cigna Health and Life Insurance Company (CHLIC), Cigna HealthCare of Arizona, Inc., Cigna HealthCare of Illinois, Inc., and Cigna HealthCare of North Carolina, Inc. Group health insurance and health benefit plans are insured or administered by CHLIC, Connecticut General Life Insurance Company (CGLIC), or their affiliates (see
All insurance policies and group benefit plans contain exclusions and limitations. For availability, costs and complete details of coverage, contact a licensed agent or Cigna sales representative. This website is not intended for residents of New Mexico.