Christopher De Rosa Promoted to Regional Vice President, West Segment
15 March 2011
MEDIA CONTACT: Gwyn Dilday
- De Rosa brings extensive health benefit expertise and leadership to the role
BLOOMFIELD , Conn. - March 15, 2011 - Cigna announced today that it haspromoted Christopher De Rosa to regional vice president for the company's west region. De Rosa, who most recently served as the general manager for Cigna in Southern California and Nevada, brings more than 20 years of health care industry expertise to the position.
Cigna's west region comprises California, Oregon, Washington, Nevada, Arizona, Colorado, Utah, Wyoming, New Mexico, Idaho and Montana. An internal and external search is under way for a new general manager for Southern California and Nevada.
"Chris brings outstanding leadership and vision to this position, "said Michael Triplett, regional segment president for Cigna. "Under his leadership, the Southern California and Nevada markets grew significantly, and we also experienced improved service and enhanced employee engagement and morale. We are pleased that he will be using his drive and energy to continue to build Cigna's presence in his expanded area of responsibility."
De Rosa, who joined Cigna in 1992, has held various positions with the company in small group, national accounts and regional segment as well leading sales effectiveness and customer reporting. De Rosa also developed Cigna's Government and Taft Hartley segment, growing this important line of business for the company. He holds a Bachelor of Arts degree from the University of California, Los Angeles and a Masters of Business Administration from the University of California, Irvine.
Cigna (NYSE: CI) is a global health service and financial company dedicated to helping people improve their health, well-being and sense of security. Cigna Corporation's operating subsidiaries in the United States provide an integrated suite of health services, such as medical, dental, behavioral health, pharmacy and vision care benefits, as well as group life, accident and disability insurance. Cigna offers products and services in over 27 countries and jurisdictions and has approximately 65 million customer relationships throughout the world. All products and services are provided exclusively by such operating subsidiaries and not by Cigna Corporation. Such operating subsidiaries include Life Insurance Company of North America, Cigna Life Insurance Company of New York, and Connecticut General Life Insurance Company. To learn more about Cigna, visit www.cigna.com. To sign up for email alerts or an RSS feed of company news, log on to http://www.cigna.com/newsroom/rss. Also, follow us on Twitter at @cigna, visit Cigna's YouTube channel at http://www.youtube.com/cigna and listen to Cigna's podcast series with healthy tips and information at http://www.cigna.com/podcasts or by searching "Cigna" in iTunes.
Other articles in News Releases:
- Cigna + Oscar Helps Small Business Owners who Recognize that a Healthy Workforce is the Key to a Vibrant Business in COVID-19 Environment
- Priority Health and Cigna Form Strategic Alliance to Make Quality Health Care More Affordable and Accessible for Michigan Employers and Customers
- Cigna Donates $75,000 to the City of Memphis to Fund COVID-19 Testing for Underserved Communities
- Cigna, Huntsville Hospital Health System Reach Agreement to Provide Value-Based Care to Medicare Advantage Customers in Northern Alabama
- Cigna Foundation Announces Availability Of $5 Million In Grants To Address Children's Mental Health, Childhood Hunger
- Cigna Expands and Extends Its COVID-19 Relief Efforts for Medicare Advantage and Individual and Family Plans