Cigna Expands its Dental HMO Product Suite, Continues Focus on Prevention
- New options include a 24x7 dental health information line, flexible coverage including newer procedures such as Prosthesis over Implant and cost-saving options for employers
- Plans available in time for 2012 benefit plan enrollment
PHILADELPHIA, April 18, 2011 - Cigna is expanding its Dental HMO plans with 24 new plan options offering greater flexibility in benefit design to help customers and employers meet their benefits budgets. The new options also continue Cigna's focus on prevention and the importance of oral health to an individual's overall health.
The new plans will retain all of the benefits available in the existing DHMO plans, including coverage for up to four cleanings a year, teeth whitening, increased fluoride treatment coverage for children, and identity theft resolution services. Plan participants will also continue to have access to the Cigna Dental Oral Health Integration Program® and Healthy Rewards® programs.
"As clinical studies continue to show the relationship between oral health and overall health, access to dental benefits will be a key differentiator among employers for both retaining and attracting employees," said Bebe Shuler-Mure, assistant vice president of product for Cigna's dental products. "The new options will help employers control costs without sacrificing access to benefits and help them continue to promote a healthy, productive workforce."
The new DHMO plans are available now for January 1, 2012 enrollment. Highlights of the new plans include:
- 24/7 Dental Information Line: Customers will have round-the-clock access to trained health care professionals who can answer questions about oral health, dental treatment and clinical symptoms, as well as provide information to help customers understand their treatment plans.
- Clinical Advancements in Dentistry: This series introduces coverage for Prosthesis over Implant (POI) procedures such as bridges, dentures and crowns. This highly-demanded consumer feature helps employees save money on traditionally higher-priced, more complex procedures.
- Wider Variety of Plan Options: Including plans that break out lab charges separate from the procedure copay, and leaner benefit plans for employers needing more affordable dental benefits for their employees.
"We build benefits and copay options based on our customers' needs. Cigna's DHMO plans provide more flexibility and options than other plans in the marketplace," said Shuler-Mure. "We design benefits to address varying employee population sizes with a focus on health, while also creating benefit packages that are competitive to help employers attract and retain employees."
The Cigna Dental HMO network is one of the nation's largest dental networks and includes 15,641 unique dentists, which translates to approximately 53,369 dentist locations.
Cigna (NYSE: CI) is a global health service and financial company dedicated to helping people improve their health, well-being and sense of security. Cigna Corporation's operating subsidiaries in the United States provide an integrated suite of health services, such as medical, dental, behavioral health, pharmacy and vision care benefits, as well as group life, accident and disability insurance. Cigna offers products and services in over 28 countries and jurisdictions and has approximately 65 million customer relationships throughout the world. All products and services are provided exclusively by such operating subsidiaries and not by Cigna Corporation. Such operating subsidiaries include Life Insurance Company of North America, Cigna Life Insurance Company of New York, and Connecticut General Life Insurance Company. To learn more about Cigna, visit www.cigna.com. To sign up for email alerts or an RSS feed of company news, log on to http://www.cigna.com/newsroom/rss. Also, follow us on Twitter at @cigna, visit Cigna's YouTube channel at http://www.youtube.com/cigna and listen to Cigna's podcast series with healthy tips and information at http://www.cigna.com/podcasts or by searching "Cigna" in iTunes.
Other articles in News Releases:
- Cigna Collaborates with Annum Health to Introduce a Digital Health Solution to Help People Reduce Alcohol Consumption
- Cigna Helps Customers Affected by California Wildfires, Cigna Foundation Donates $25,000 to the American Red Cross for Recovery
- Cigna Names Jim Hickey as Market President for South Texas Commercial Health Plans
- Cigna Furthers Commitment to Promote Mental Well-Being by Collaborating With Happify Health and Prevail Health to Offer New Digital Tools
- New Cigna Pregnancy App Enables Improved Health and Lower Costs For Pregnant Women
- Cigna Reports Strong Third Quarter 2018 Results, Raises Outlook