Cigna International Expatriate Benefits Expands Health Care Network in Brazil
- Cigna International Expatriate Benefits expands its network in Brazil to offer easy, locally-compliant solutions to employers and their globally mobile employees
- The network expansion offers access to more than 20,000 doctors and hospitals for customers in Brazil
WILMINGTON, Del., December 01, 2011 - Cigna International Expatriate Benefits (CIEB) (NYSE: CI), the largest provider of expatriate benefits in the world, is excited to announce the expansion of its health care network with the addition of CignaLinks® Brazil. CIEB has established a network alliance partnership with Gama Saúde that offers access to more than 20,000 doctors, hospitals, and health care professionals in Brazil.
"The key advantage of using the CignaLinks network is that it provides our globally mobile customers with an easy, administration-friendly process to accessing high quality local health care systems around the world," said Tim Blevins, Senior Director for Global Health Solutions, CIEB. "Our CignaLinks customers receive locally-compliant solutions and always have access to our 24/7 International Service Center.
CignaLinks is a unique program developed to simplify the complex administration of health care payment and claims for globally mobile employees and their families. At the same time, it addresses local compliance issues in countries where government regulations may affect benefit offerings and access to care.
In Brazil, customers will have access to Gama Saúde, one of the largest networks of doctors and hospitals. The partnership with Gama Saúde gives CIEB the opportunity to integrate its global coverage with administrative services and health care facilities in Brazil. Customers benefit directly from the new network relationship by receiving substantial discounts when accessing the local network for care and by reducing their out-of-pocket costs at the time care is delivered.
CIEB covers more than 850,000 globally mobile employees across more than 200 countries and jurisdictions. The recent addition of the CignaLinks network in Brazil means that access is now available to more than one million medical specialists and a comprehensive range of hospital and health care facilities worldwide.
Cigna Corporation (NYSE: CI) is a global health service company dedicated to helping people improve their health, well-being and sense of security. All products and services are provided exclusively through operating subsidiaries of Cigna Corporation, including Connecticut General Life Insurance Company, Cigna Health and Life Insurance Company, Life Insurance Company of North America and Cigna Life Insurance Company of New York. Such products and services include an integrated suite of health services, such as medical, dental, behavioral health, pharmacy and vision care benefits, and other related products including group life, accident and disability insurance. Cigna maintains sales capability in 30 countries and jurisdictions, and has approximately 70 million customer relationships throughout the world. To learn more about Cigna®, including links to follow us on Facebook or Twitter, visit www.cigna.com.
About Cigna International Expatriate Benefits (CIEB)
For more than 30 years, CIEB has been an industry leader for providing benefits to global workers virtually around the world. As an organization dedicated to the needs of international employers and their globally mobile workforce, all CIEB activities are motivated by the same core objectives: enhancing the expatriate experience and keeping employees healthy and on assignment. CIEB offers a comprehensive line of coverage and 24/7 multilingual customer service, multi currency claims payment options and access to an industry leading global healthcare network of more than one million doctors and hospitals. CIEB partners with local health care facilities and professionals, insurance companies and third party administrators to offer customers access to the highest quality local health care available, while helping ensure employers meet required regulatory requirements - and receive discounts when available.
Other articles in News Releases:
- Cigna + Oscar Helps Small Business Owners who Recognize that a Healthy Workforce is the Key to a Vibrant Business in COVID-19 Environment
- Priority Health and Cigna Form Strategic Alliance to Make Quality Health Care More Affordable and Accessible for Michigan Employers and Customers
- Cigna Donates $75,000 to the City of Memphis to Fund COVID-19 Testing for Underserved Communities
- Cigna, Huntsville Hospital Health System Reach Agreement to Provide Value-Based Care to Medicare Advantage Customers in Northern Alabama
- Cigna Foundation Announces Availability Of $5 Million In Grants To Address Children's Mental Health, Childhood Hunger
- Cigna Expands and Extends Its COVID-19 Relief Efforts for Medicare Advantage and Individual and Family Plans