Cigna Launches Dental HMO Product Suite for Public Sector and Taft-Hartley Groups
- The new Dental HMO series features nine new plan designs with some of the most comprehensive benefits offerings available
- Customers will have access to one of the largest network of dentists in the United States
- Plans will be available for 2012 benefit plan enrollment
PHILADELPHIA, June 07, 2011 - Cigna (NYSE:CI) has created nine new Dental HMO plans designed specifically for government sector employers and Taft-Hartley labor unions. The new plans combine consumer-friendly features and flexibility to meet the needs of a diverse employee population, including 360 procedures, low and zero copay levels, alternative benefits, office visit fee options and more covered procedures. The new plans are available now for January 1, 2012 enrollment.
"Cigna has served public sector and Taft-Hartley clients for more than 60 years," said Bebe Shuler-Mure, assistant vice president of product for Cigna's dental products. "Based on decades of experience, we incorporated into this new Dental HMO series all of Cigna's customer-friendly features, increased flexibility and options that complement a broad national network of dentists."
Shuler-Mure also pointed out that "while designed to appeal to public sector clients, these targeted plans may be appropriate for other types of businesses as well, depending on a client's needs." Likewise, government employers will continue to also have the choice of standard plan designs to meet the varying benefit needs of all employers.
The new government sector and Taft-Hartley Dental HMO series of plans also offer valuable features found in standard Cigna Dental HMO plan designs, such as access to the 24/7 Dental Information Line as well as the Cigna Dental Oral Health Integration Program® and Healthy Rewards® programs.
The Cigna Dental HMO network is one of the nation's largest dental networks and includes 15,905 unique dentists, which translates to approximately 53,935 dentist locations.
Cigna (NYSE: CI) is a global health service and financial company dedicated to helping people improve their health, well-being and sense of security. Cigna Corporation's operating subsidiaries in the United States provide an integrated suite of health services, such as medical, dental, behavioral health, pharmacy and vision care benefits, as well as group life, accident and disability insurance. Cigna offers products and services in 29 countries and jurisdictions and has approximately 66 million customer relationships throughout the world. All products and services are provided exclusively by such operating subsidiaries and not by Cigna Corporation. Such operating subsidiaries include Life Insurance Company of North America, Cigna Life Insurance Company of New York, and Connecticut General Life Insurance Company. To learn more about Cigna, visit www.cigna.com. To sign up for email alerts or an RSS feed of company news, log on to http://www.cigna.com/newsroom/rss. Also, follow us on Twitter at @cigna, visit Cigna's YouTube channel at http://www.youtube.com/cigna and listen to Cigna's podcast series with healthy tips and information at http://www.cigna.com/podcasts or by searching "Cigna" in iTunes.
Other articles in News Releases:
- Cigna and Express Scripts Named Best Places to Work for Disability Inclusion
- Cigna Returns as Presenting Sponsor of the Marine Corps Marathon, Continuing a Tradition of Honoring Members of the U.S. Armed Forces
- Cigna Corporation’s Second Quarter 2019 Earnings Release Details
- GNS Healthcare Raises $23 Million Led by Cigna Ventures
- Cigna Demonstrates Commitment to Health of People, Communities and Environment
- Cigna's U.S. Loneliness Index Provides Actionable Insights for Improving Body and Mind Health