Cigna Mobile Learning Lab Takes to the Streets
- Traveling billboard and interactive demonstration of Cigna's new brand "GO YOU"
- Celebrates individuality, the importance of "you," and is supported by programs that provide information to consumers about how choices impact health
- Newly branded and re-engineered 18-wheeler tour starts at International City/County Management Association annual national conference
BLOOMFIELD, Conn., September 20, 2011 - Is life stressing you out and making you sick? Are you super-sizing your meals without even knowing it? The brand new Cigna Mobile Learning Lab, which kicks off its fall tour at the International City/County Management Association (ICMA) conference taking place now, lets consumers learn first hand how stress, portion control (or lack thereof) and other lifestyles choices can impact health. The 18-wheeler interactive healthy mobile center is a living breathing example of Cigna's new brand "GO YOU" and is armed with new tools that will touch individuals and help them take control of their health.
The Mobile Learning Lab offers an array of new information and helpful lessons to help "you"-the consumer-harness your power to change your health, such as:
- A stress IQ test featuring a fun quiz, offering interesting stress-related facts and tips to help manage stress and improve health.
- Real-life examples of portion distortion, proper plate distribution and how to engage in healthier eating.
- A weight vest (weighing 20 pounds!) for you to try on and feel how the extra weight impacts day-to-day activity like taking the stairs or dancing!
In addition to the Mobile Learning Lab, Cigna is taking its new brand and personalized health approach to the leaders of cities and counties throughout the nation through its sponsorship and appearance at ICMA's national conference in Milwaukee.
"With the challenges facing our economy today, it's even more critical to ensure that our nation's city and county leaders are focused on controlling health care costs through the prevention of disease and staying healthy," states Bert Scott, President, U.S. Commercial Markets, Cigna. "That's why we are kicking off our fall tour at the ICMA conference - to help educate our nation's civic leaders and give them hands-on learning of Cigna's new brand promise, "GO YOU."
After its launch at ICMA, the Cigna Mobile Learning Lab will travel to a variety of community, client and employee locations. Upcoming public stops include:
- Phoenix - October 2: University of Phoenix Stadium (Cardinals game)
- Wilmington, N.C. - October 8-9: Riverfest
For news on where the Mobile Learning Lab is stopping, resources for health and wellness statistics, Cigna's Mix Six for Healthy Balance Toolkit, inquiries about booking the Mobile Learning Lab at your next event and more, please visit http://www.cigna.com/newsroom/mobile-learning-lab.
Cigna (NYSE: CI) is a global health service and financial company dedicated to helping people improve their health, well-being and sense of security. Cigna Corporation's operating subsidiaries in the United States provide an integrated suite of health services, such as medical, dental, behavioral health, pharmacy and vision care benefits, as well as group life, accident and disability insurance. Cigna maintains sales capability in 30 countries and jurisdictions and has approximately 66 million customer relationships throughout the world. All products and services are provided exclusively by such operating subsidiaries and not by Cigna Corporation. Such operating subsidiaries include Life Insurance Company of North America, Cigna Life Insurance Company of New York, and Connecticut General Life Insurance Company. To learn more about Cigna, visit www.cigna.com. To sign up for email alerts or an RSS feed of company news, log on to http://www.cigna.com/newsroom/rss. Also, follow us on Twitter at @cigna, visit Cigna's YouTube channel at http://www.youtube.com/cigna and listen to Cigna's podcast series with healthy tips and information at http://www.cigna.com/podcasts or by searching "Cigna" in iTunes.
Other articles in News Releases:
- Cigna Affordable Care Act Health Plans to Expand into 63 New Counties Across North Carolina for 2021
- Cigna Leads Industry in 2020 Dow Jones Sustainability Indices
- Veterans Recovery Resources of Mobile Receives $100,000 Cigna Foundation Grant to Provide Mental Health Services to Area Veterans
- Cigna Corporation Announces Appearance at the Wolfe Research Healthcare Conference
- Cigna Reports Third Quarter 2020 Performance, Raises Revenue Guidance
- Cigna and Earvin "Magic" Johnson Join Forces to Combat Health Disparities and Support Minority and Women-Owned Businesses