Cigna wins 'Provider of the Year' Award
- The Forum for Expatriate Management (FEM) honors Cigna's Expatriate Insurance Business
WILMINGTON, Del., September 30, 2011 - (NYSE:CI) Cigna International Expatriate Benefits (CIEB) received the prestigious "International Provider of the Year" prize at this month's 2011 Expatriate Management and Mobility Awards (EMMAs) in Chicago. The EMMAs are widely considered the "Oscars" of the Global Mobility profession, and CIEB was recognized for overall excellence in expatriate insurance.
"It is a great honor to receive this distinguished award," said Andrew Kielty, President of CIEB. "Being recognized by some of the most respected names in the Global Mobility profession validates our commitment to delivering quality health care to the globally mobile workforce. This achievement shows just how valuable customer feedback is to the growth of our organization."
The Forum for Expatriate Management (FEM) (http://totallyexpat.com), an online community of International Human Resource and Global Mobility professionals, sponsors the EMMAs at their annual U.S. Global Mobility Summit. This year, FEM received more than 200 nominations for the 2011 U.S. EMMAs, and according to one FEM panel judge, CIEB was a stand-out nominee because of its commitment to listening to the customer.
"Cigna is continuously seeking feedback from its customers and clients and implementing the feedback in its service," said the judge. "As a result, Cigna has created and improved various programs that are tailored to large and small groups in the marketplace. Cigna's Medical Benefits Abroad product is a prime example of this customer centric approach. Listening to the customer has produced a product that is regarded by many companies as an affordable yet effective solution for global business travellers."
CIEB is the leader in the globally mobile employee insurance market, providing coverage to more than 860,000 customers around the world, with sales capability in 30 countries and jurisdictions through local licenses and partnerships.
Cigna (NYSE: CI) is a global health service and financial company dedicated to helping people improve their health, well-being and sense of security. Cigna's operating subsidiaries in the United States provide an integrated suite of health services, such as medical, dental, behavioral health, pharmacy and vision care benefits, as well as group life, accident and disability insurance. Cigna offers products and services in over 30 countries and jurisdictions and has approximately 66 million customer relationships throughout the world. All products and services are provided exclusively by such operating subsidiaries and not by Cigna Corporation. To learn more about Cigna, visit www.cigna.com. To sign up for email alerts or an RSS feed of company news, log on to http://www.cigna.com/newsroom/rss. Also, follow us on Twitter at @cigna, visit Cigna's YouTube channel at http://www.youtube.com/cigna and listen to Cigna's podcast series with healthy tips and information at http://www.cigna.com/podcasts or by searching "Cigna" in iTunes.
Other articles in News Releases:
- Cigna Corporation's Second Quarter 2020 Earnings Release Details
- Cigna + Oscar Helps Small Business Owners who Recognize that a Healthy Workforce is the Key to a Vibrant Business in COVID-19 Environment
- Priority Health and Cigna Form Strategic Alliance to Make Quality Health Care More Affordable and Accessible for Michigan Employers and Customers
- Cigna Donates $75,000 to the City of Memphis to Fund COVID-19 Testing for Underserved Communities
- Cigna, Huntsville Hospital Health System Reach Agreement to Provide Value-Based Care to Medicare Advantage Customers in Northern Alabama
- Cigna Foundation Announces Availability Of $5 Million In Grants To Address Children's Mental Health, Childhood Hunger