Cigna Launches Back Pain Clinic with State of Wyoming and Wyoming Neuroscience & Spine Institute
- Cigna program helps state employees, families and covered retirees manage their spinal health and improves overall health and wellness
- New program offers fast access to quality care, leads to quicker recovery and lower out-of-pocket expenses
BLOOMFIELD, Conn. & CASPER, Wyo., August 23, 2012 - Cigna, the State of Wyoming and Elkhorn Valley Rehabilitation Hospital in conjunction with Wyoming Neuroscience & Spine Institute have launched a new back pain management program called Pathway to Improved Health for Back Pain. The new program provides state employees, their families and covered retiree's treatment for back pain to complement their doctor's care.
Cigna covered state of Wyoming employees, family members and retirees can get back pain treatment through a new program at Elkhorn Valley Rehabilitation Hospital in Casper. (Photo: Cigna)
Cigna customers who contact the Hospital receive appointments within one business day at the spinal health clinic at Elkhorn Valley Rehabilitation Hospital in Casper. The quick access to appointments reduces the need for urgent or emergency room care services and reduces patient out-of-pocket expenses. The educational program helps individuals learn skill needed for improved self-management for relief from back pain.
"Back pain is one of the most common conditions for which individuals seek medical care. At least 80% of individuals will experience at least one significant episode of back pain in their life. This collaborative program delivers an integrated approach to back pain care helping individuals achieve their potential," said David Mino, M.D., national medical director orthopedic surgery and spinal disorders at Cigna.
The Cigna-Wyoming collaborative program uses evidence-based guidelines to support back pain management, offers patient assessment, care, education and follow-up to help individuals take an active role in effectively managing their potential and get back to their everyday activities sooner. Individuals can also call Cigna's 24-hour nurse line and speak to a trained nurse 24 hours a day, seven days a week for answers to general medical questions or for help in determining the care to access.
Cigna Corporation (NYSE: CI) is a global health service company dedicated to helping people improve their health, well-being and sense of security. All products and services are provided exclusively through operating subsidiaries of Cigna Corporation, including Connecticut General Life Insurance Company, Cigna Health and Life Insurance Company, Life Insurance Company of North America, Cigna Life Insurance Company of New York and their affiliates. Such products and services include an integrated suite of health services, such as medical, dental, behavioral health, pharmacy and vision care benefits, and other related products including group disability, life, and accident coverage. Cigna has sales capability in 30 countries and jurisdictions, with approximately 70 million customer relationships throughout the world. To learn more about Cigna®, including links to follow us on Facebook or Twitter, visit www.cigna.com.
Photos/Multimedia Gallery Available: http://www.businesswire.com/cgi-bin/mmg.cgi?eid=50385423&lang=en
Other articles in News Releases:
- Cigna Named to CR Magazine 100 Best Corporate Citizens for Fifth Consecutive Year
- Cigna Commits $140,000 to Methodist and Le Bonheur Children’s Hospital Foundations to Expand Community Health and Well-being Services
- Cigna Corporation to Host Investor Day on May 31, 2019
- Bridges Health Partners LLC and Cigna Announce Collaborative Accountable Care Agreement to Improve Health and Lower Costs in Western Pennsylvania
- Cigna Delivers Strong First Quarter 2019 Results, Raises Outlook
- Ryan Kocher Named President for Cigna's Business in Pacific Northwest Markets