Cigna Makes it Easier for Employers to Manage Family and Medical Leave Act Absences and Americans with Disabilities Act Administration Together
- Cigna Leave Solutions® merges tracking and processing of Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA) Administration Services and Family and Medical Leave (FML) administration
- For employers who administer FML programs in-house, Cigna Absence AssistantSM provides resources, best practices and clinical expertise
- Employees gain faster access to health programs and resources
PHILADELPHIA, August 09, 2012 - Few laws cause more frustration for employers than the Family and Medical Leave Act (FMLA) and the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA). The ever-changing regulatory landscape can make it difficult for employers who do not have compliance and clinical expertise to manage absence programs effectively and efficiently. Cigna has designed two new offerings to address the needs of employers whether they choose to manage these programs in-house or opt for an outsourced solution.
Cigna Leave Solutions® can now provide employers the ability to pair the outsourcing of ADA programs with their FML services with its new ADA Administration Services. This new optional service results in a more integrated, holistic view of employee absence management within an organization and provides employees with access to vocational counselors to support them in their accommodation needs.
"The logical pairing of ADA and FML administration will remove some of the compliance burden from employers," said Mark Marsters, senior vice president of operations for Cigna's disability insurance business. "Cigna's clinical focus helps engage employees earlier in health promotion programs while supporting employers in more efficiently managing their workplace accommodation processes."
For employers who manage FML administration in-house, Cigna created Cigna Absence AssistantSM, a program that provides human resource personnel access to the latest compliance resources, administrative best practices, vocational staff and clinical expertise. The online compliance tool, in particular, will help human resource personnel stay current on federal and state FML laws and assist them in making consistent and compliant decisions.
"Employers who keep all their FML and ADA administration in-house still want to reduce compliance burdens, regulatory risks and employee absences," said Marsters. "Cigna Absence Assistant provides the latest resources to help human resource personnel do the very best for their company's employees, while also protecting the company from compliance risks."
Cigna Corporation (NYSE: CI) is a global health service company dedicated to helping people improve their health, well-being and sense of security. All products and services are provided exclusively through operating subsidiaries of Cigna Corporation, including Connecticut General Life Insurance Company, Cigna Health and Life Insurance Company, Life Insurance Company of North America and Cigna Life Insurance Company of New York. Such products and services include an integrated suite of health services, such as medical, dental, behavioral health, pharmacy and vision care benefits, and other related products including group life, accident and disability insurance. Cigna maintains sales capability in 30 countries and jurisdictions, and has approximately 70 million customer relationships throughout the world. To learn more about Cigna®, including links to follow us on Facebook or Twitter, visit www.cigna.com.
Other articles in News Releases:
- Cigna Employees Kick Off $25 Million Healthier Kids For Our Future Initiative By Combatting Childhood Hunger Globally
- Cigna Corporation’s Fourth Quarter 2018 Earnings Release Details
- Cigna Brings Together Queen Latifah, Nick Jonas and Ted Danson to Encourage Everyone to Take Control of Both Their Physical and Emotional Health
- Cigna Statement on the Passing of Jim Rogers, Former Duke Energy CEO, and Cigna Board Member
- Cigna Completes Combination with Express Scripts, Establishing a Blueprint to Transform the Health Care System
- Cigna Corporation Announces Appearance at the 37th Annual J.P. Morgan Healthcare Conference