Cigna Wins 2012 Health Insurance Award in U.K.
- Cigna Global Health Benefits named Best Group International Private Medical Insurance Provider
GLASGOW, Scotland, November 05, 2012 - Cigna Global Health Benefits was recently named the Best Group International Private Medical Insurance Provider at the prestigious 2012 Health Insurance Awards at the Grosvenor Hotel, London. Hailed as the health and protection event of the year, the Health Insurance Awards, presented by the renowned Irish comedian Ed Byrne is the leading industry event honoring excellence and professionalism in the health insurance and protection market.
Health Insurance editor David Sawers (left) and celebrity host Ed Byrne (right) present the international health award in the U.K. to John Kaye, director of sales & client management, Cigna (Photo: Cigna)
"This award pays testament to the skills and passion of Cigna employees who work relentlessly to ensure our customers remain at the heart of everything we do," said John Kaye, director of sales and client management, Cigna Global Health Benefits, Europe. "The award also acknowledges Cigna's commitment to both the international and domestic health care markets, inspiring us to continue to improve and build our service proposition to meet our customers' health care needs worldwide."
Cigna (NYSE:CI) is the leader in serving the globally mobile workforce, with 880,000 globally mobile customers in more than 205 countries and jurisdictions across the globe. The company was recognized for its standard of innovation and customer focus in the delivery of corporate international health care. The company also was short-listed for the Best Dental Award and sponsored two key intermediary awards; Best International Individual Intermediary and Health Care Intermediary of the Year Awards.
"I am extremely proud of our European team for winning this prestigious award," said Andrew Kielty, president, Cigna Global Health Benefits. "This recognition, which is a nomination by key intermediaries to the health care industry, is especially rewarding."
Notes to editors:
Cigna (NYSE: CI) is a global health service and financial company dedicated to helping people improve their health, well-being and sense of security. Cigna's operating subsidiaries in the United States provide an integrated suite of health services, such as medical, dental, behavioral health, pharmacy and vision care benefits, as well as group life, accident and disability insurance. Cigna offers products and services in over 30 countries and jurisdictions and has approximately 70 million customer relationships throughout the world. All products and services are provided exclusively by such operating subsidiaries and not by Cigna Corporation. To learn more about Cigna, visit www.cigna.com.
Other articles in News Releases:
- Cigna + Oscar Helps Small Business Owners who Recognize that a Healthy Workforce is the Key to a Vibrant Business in COVID-19 Environment
- Priority Health and Cigna Form Strategic Alliance to Make Quality Health Care More Affordable and Accessible for Michigan Employers and Customers
- Cigna Donates $75,000 to the City of Memphis to Fund COVID-19 Testing for Underserved Communities
- Cigna, Huntsville Hospital Health System Reach Agreement to Provide Value-Based Care to Medicare Advantage Customers in Northern Alabama
- Cigna Foundation Announces Availability Of $5 Million In Grants To Address Children's Mental Health, Childhood Hunger
- Cigna Expands and Extends Its COVID-19 Relief Efforts for Medicare Advantage and Individual and Family Plans