Cigna's Wellness and Health Promotion Programs Earn Renewed Accreditation from National Committee for Quality Assurance (NCQA)
- "Accredited With Performance Reporting" is effective for three years
- Accreditation based on NCQA's comprehensive evaluation
- Covers wide range of programs, including health coaching, health assessment, employer health promotion and wellness consultation services
BLOOMFIELD, Conn., October 16, 2012 - Cigna's (NYSE:CI) health and wellness programs have once again earned accreditation from the National Committee for Quality Assurance (NCQA). This renewed accreditation underscores Cigna's longstanding commitment to health improvement through proven programs and techniques that are validated by a recognized accrediting organization.
The NCQA Wellness & Health Promotion Accreditation - "Accredited With Performance Reporting" - is effective for three years. It applies to a wide range of Cigna's health and wellness programs, including: Health Advisor; Personal Health Team and Integrated Personal Health Team (health coaching); lifestyle management programs for tobacco cessation, stress and weight management; Your Health First for chronic condition management; health assessment; online health coaching programs; and employer health promotion and wellness consultation services.
To earn the accreditation, Cigna submitted its health and wellness programs to a comprehensive evaluation that examined how the company's wellness programs are implemented in the workplace, how health coaching services are provided to help individuals develop the skills they need to make healthy choices, and how the company properly safeguards sensitive health information.
"NCQA's Wellness & Health Promotion Accreditation requires organizations to demonstrate their compliance with well defined standards and quality measures," said Margaret E. O'Kane, NCQA president. "The NCQA seal will provide employers and consumers with the information they need to choose the best program in their markets."
"We're very pleased that our health and wellness programs have once again earned the NCQA 'seal of approval,'" said Scott Josephs, M.D., Cigna's national medical officer for total health management. "Employers who offer these programs as part of their benefits package and the individuals who use them can be confident that these programs have undergone a rigorous evaluation."
Cigna was one of the first "early adopters" to participate in NCQA's accreditation for wellness and health promotion and was the first national health service company to earn the accreditation in 2009. Cigna continues to be the only national health service company to hold this accreditation.
Cigna Corporation (NYSE: CI) is a global health service company dedicated to helping people improve their health, well-being and sense of security. All products and services are provided exclusively by or through operating subsidiaries of Cigna Corporation, including Connecticut General Life Insurance Company, Cigna Health and Life Insurance Company, Life Insurance Company of North America and Cigna Life Insurance Company of New York. Such products and services include an integrated suite of health services, such as medical, dental, behavioral health, pharmacy, vision, supplemental benefits, and other related products including group life, accident and disability insurance. Cigna maintains sales capability in 30 countries and jurisdictions, and has approximately 71 million customer relationships throughout the world. To learn more about Cigna®, including links to follow us on Facebook or Twitter, visit www.cigna.com.
Other articles in News Releases:
- Cigna Waives Customer Cost-Sharing For COVID-19 Treatment And Deploys Clinical Teams To Increase Virtual Care Capacity
- Cigna Makes It Easier For Hospitals To Focus On COVID-19 By Helping Accelerate Patient Transfers
- Cigna Expands Benefits To Support And Protect Its Workforce In Response To COVID-19
- Cigna Corporation Announces Pricing Terms of Tender Offers for up to $1.45 billion in Aggregate Principal Amount of Outstanding Notes
- Cigna Corporation Announces Early Results of Tender Offers for up to $1.45 billion in Aggregate Principal Amount of Outstanding Notes
- Cigna Takes Additional Actions To Protect Customers And Communities Against COVID-19