John Murabito of Cigna Named Chair of Advisory Board for Cornell's Center for Advanced Human Resource Studies
BLOOMFIELD, Conn., August 22, 2012 - John Murabito, executive vice president of Human Resources and Services at Cigna (NYSE:CI), has been named chairman of Cornell's Center for Advanced Human Resource Studies (CAHRS) Advisory Board. This group represents the world's leading partnership between industry and academia, devoted to global human resource management. Murabito has been active with CAHRS for 15 years and a member of the board for the past 10 years.
The CAHRS partnership provides the connection between leading companies and Cornell University, offering companies the opportunity to work directly with renowned Cornell faculty and students to participate in, influence, and be the first to learn about new research findings and applications.
"I am honored to have been chosen for this distinction," Murabito said, "and I'm proud to have the opportunity to lead the CAHRS Advisory Board."
One of Murabito's main goals as chairman of the CAHRS board will be to increase the value CAHRS brings to its member companies. "I want to support our stated mission to ensure we continue good communication, good access and even more interaction between the faculty and practitioners. The CAHRS value to HR practitioners is the best there is in what has become a crowded field," he said.
With several CAHRS members due to retire over the course of Murabito's tenure, the selection of board membership will be another priority, according to Murabito. Additionally, he would like to expand the CAHRS footprint globally. "Becoming more global through attraction of members outside the U.S. will be important to our future moving forward," Murabito said.
Cigna Corporation (NYSE: CI) is a global health service company dedicated to helping people improve their health, well-being and sense of security. All products and services are provided exclusively through operating subsidiaries of Cigna Corporation, including Connecticut General Life Insurance Company, Cigna Health and Life Insurance Company, Life Insurance Company of North America and Cigna Life Insurance Company of New York. Such products and services include an integrated suite of health services, such as medical, dental, behavioral health, pharmacy and vision care benefits, and other related products including group disability, life, and accident coverage. Cigna has sales capability in 30 countries and jurisdictions, with approximately 70 million customer relationships throughout the world. To learn more about Cigna®, including links to follow us on Facebook or Twitter, visit www.cigna.com.
Other articles in News Releases:
- Cigna + Oscar Helps Small Business Owners who Recognize that a Healthy Workforce is the Key to a Vibrant Business in COVID-19 Environment
- Priority Health and Cigna Form Strategic Alliance to Make Quality Health Care More Affordable and Accessible for Michigan Employers and Customers
- Cigna Donates $75,000 to the City of Memphis to Fund COVID-19 Testing for Underserved Communities
- Cigna, Huntsville Hospital Health System Reach Agreement to Provide Value-Based Care to Medicare Advantage Customers in Northern Alabama
- Cigna Foundation Announces Availability Of $5 Million In Grants To Address Children's Mental Health, Childhood Hunger
- Cigna Expands and Extends Its COVID-19 Relief Efforts for Medicare Advantage and Individual and Family Plans