Cigna and Cigna Foundation Offer Arizona Wildfire Relief
- 24x7 telephone help line opened to support all affected residents
- Cigna Foundation makes $25,000 grant to Red Cross, matches employee contributions
BLOOMFIELD, Conn., July 03, 2013 - Global health service company Cigna (NYSE: CI) is offering relief in Arizona in response to the tragic wildfires.
Effective immediately, through July 12, the company is opening its 24x7 telephone help line, also known as the Employee Assistance Program (EAP), to provide personal assistance and support for all Arizona residents affected by the wildfires. Phone lines are staffed with qualified clinicians who are available to speak with people about how to cope with loss, anxiety, stress or other issues resulting from the fires. The help line can be reached at 866.912.1687.
Cigna also has an online resource center with additional information about disaster resources at: http://apps.cignabehavioral.com/web/basicsite/consumer/consumer.jsp.
In addition, the Cigna Foundation is making an immediate grant of $25,000 to the Red Cross Disaster Relief Fund, and will also match Cigna employee donations to the Red Cross.
"Our hearts go out to all who have lost their lives or property, especially to the families of the brave firefighters who made the ultimate sacrifice to protect others," said Susan Gaca, Cigna's chief nursing officer and director of emergency response. "We hope that resources from Cigna and the Cigna Foundation can help people in Arizona cope with this terrible tragedy."
Customers with questions or concerns are encouraged to call the customer service phone number on their Cigna ID card or Cigna's nationwide customer service telephone number at 1.800.Cigna24 (1.800.244.6224). Customer service representatives are available 24 hours a day, seven days a week for assistance.
Cigna Corporation (NYSE: CI) is a global health service company dedicated to helping people improve their health, well-being and sense of security. All products and services are provided exclusively by or through operating subsidiaries of Cigna Corporation, including Connecticut General Life Insurance Company, Cigna Health and Life Insurance Company, Life Insurance Company of North America and Cigna Life Insurance Company of New York. Such products and services include an integrated suite of health services, such as medical, dental, behavioral health, pharmacy, vision, supplemental benefits, and other related products including group life, accident and disability insurance. Cigna maintains sales capability in 30 countries and jurisdictions, and has approximately 80 million customer relationships throughout the world. To learn more about Cigna®, including links to follow us on Facebook or Twitter, visit www.cigna.com.
About Cigna and the Cigna Foundation
The Cigna Foundation is a private foundation funded by contributions from Cigna Corporation and its subsidiaries. The Cigna Foundation supports organizations sharing its commitment to enhancing the health of individuals and families, and the well-being of their communities, with a special focus on those communities where Cigna employees live and work.
Other articles in News Releases:
- Cigna Collaborates with Annum Health to Introduce a Digital Health Solution to Help People Reduce Alcohol Consumption
- Cigna Helps Customers Affected by California Wildfires, Cigna Foundation Donates $25,000 to the American Red Cross for Recovery
- Cigna Names Jim Hickey as Market President for South Texas Commercial Health Plans
- Cigna Furthers Commitment to Promote Mental Well-Being by Collaborating With Happify Health and Prevail Health to Offer New Digital Tools
- New Cigna Pregnancy App Enables Improved Health and Lower Costs For Pregnant Women
- Cigna Reports Strong Third Quarter 2018 Results, Raises Outlook