Cigna Expands Medicare Offerings for 2014 Annual Enrollment to Serve Growing Aging Population
- 2014 enrollment season marks a first for Cigna to market comprehensive Medicare offerings nationwide, result of HealthSpring and Great American Supplemental Benefits acquisitions
- Cigna-HealthSpring Medicare Advantage expands into 41 new counties, including new service areas in Atlanta, North Carolina and South Carolina
- Cigna Prescription Drug Plans launch new plan option and Preferred Pharmacy Network to optimize savings for customers, includes CVS, H-E-B, Kroger, Safeway and Walmart pharmacies
- Cigna Medicare Supplement Solutions® (Medigap) available in 44 states
BLOOMFIELD, Conn., October 01, 2013 - Cigna (NYSE: CI) announced today its comprehensive 2014 Medicare offerings, including a wide range of health and prescription drug plans, as well as supplemental and special needs plans. All plans offer extra benefits not covered under Original Medicare and are designed to help customers better manage their health and limit out-of-pocket medical expenses.
"We know that health care is not one-size-fits-all. That's why our 2014 health care plans offer products that deliver more consumer choices to support healthy aging while meeting customers' individual health care and budget needs," said Herb Fritch, president of Cigna-HealthSpring, Cigna's seniors business unit. "Our coordinated team approach to care focuses on prevention to proactively meet each person's health care needs and deliver on the triple aim of improved health, affordability and patient experience."
Medicare is a critical source of health care for millions of Americans and Cigna's Medicare products offer customers affordable choices customized to meet their needs. Last year, Cigna made strategic acquisitions to expand its presence in the rapidly growing seniors market with industry leaders Great American Supplemental Benefits (now Cigna Supplemental Benefits) and HealthSpring (now Cigna-HealthSpring), making it the sixth largest company in the Medicare Advantage and Prescription Drug Plan markets. The 2014 enrollment season marks the first year the Cigna brand has gone to market with such comprehensive consumer choices.
Medicare beneficiaries can enroll in Cigna 2014 Medicare plans during the annual enrollment period, which begins October 15, 2013 and ends December 7, 2013. For most Medicare beneficiaries, this is the one time of year they can make changes to their Medicare coverage. Cigna's plan details, full service area and free education materials are available at www.cignamedicare.com.
Cigna Corporation (NYSE: CI) is a global health service company dedicated to helping people improve their health, well-being and sense of security. All products and services are provided exclusively through operating subsidiaries of Cigna Corporation, including Connecticut General Life Insurance Company, Cigna Health and Life Insurance Company, Life Insurance Company of North America, Cigna Life Insurance Company of New York and their affiliates. Such products and services include an integrated suite of health services, such as medical, dental, behavioral health, pharmacy and vision care benefits, and other related products including group disability, life, and accident coverage. Cigna has sales capability in 30 countries and jurisdictions, with approximately 80 million customer relationships throughout the world. To learn more about Cigna®, including links to follow us on Facebook or Twitter, visit www.cigna.com.
Other articles in News Releases:
- Cigna + Oscar Helps Small Business Owners who Recognize that a Healthy Workforce is the Key to a Vibrant Business in COVID-19 Environment
- Priority Health and Cigna Form Strategic Alliance to Make Quality Health Care More Affordable and Accessible for Michigan Employers and Customers
- Cigna Donates $75,000 to the City of Memphis to Fund COVID-19 Testing for Underserved Communities
- Cigna, Huntsville Hospital Health System Reach Agreement to Provide Value-Based Care to Medicare Advantage Customers in Northern Alabama
- Cigna Foundation Announces Availability Of $5 Million In Grants To Address Children's Mental Health, Childhood Hunger
- Cigna Expands and Extends Its COVID-19 Relief Efforts for Medicare Advantage and Individual and Family Plans