Cigna Makes $20K Contribution to Leading Disability Organization Achilles International South Florida Chapter
- Chris Holcomb, Regional Director of Achilles Florida, will accept the contribution on behalf of Achilles International
- For purchase of six hand cycles to help those with disabilities participate in athletics
BLOOMFIELD, Conn. & HOLLYWOOD, Fla., February 14, 2013 - Cigna (NYSE:CI) has announced the award of a $20K contribution to Achilles International South Florida Chapter. Achilles International is a non-profit organization dedicated to enabling wounded veterans and other people with disabilities to participate in mainstream athletics. This award makes it possible for Achilles to acquire six hand cycles for the use of those it serves.
Chris Holcomb, Regional Director of Achilles Florida, accepts the contribution on behalf of Achilles International (Photo: Cigna Corporation)
This is the latest announcement in an expanding relationship between Cigna and Achilles International. Since 2012, Cigna and the Cigna Foundation have donated nearly $90K to Achilles. During that period, Cigna and Achilles have forged a unique collaboration through which selected Cigna long-term disability customers have access to Achilles programs, including individual coaching, personal training, a community of support and an opportunity to participate in activities with other Achilles athletes.
"We're grateful to Cigna for helping our wounded veterans and other runners feel the power of participating in sports and activities that help restore their physical strength, confidence, and self-esteem," said Chris Holcomb, Regional Director of Achilles Florida. Holcomb, who is also an Achilles athlete, is participating in his nineteenth marathon this weekend in Ft. Lauderdale.
"Cigna and Achilles International are working together to help every individual reach their full potential regardless of the personal challenges they face," said David Guilmette, President, Global Employer Segment, Cigna.
About the Cigna Foundation
The Cigna Foundation is a private foundation funded by contributions from Cigna Corporation (NYSE: CI) and its subsidiaries. The Cigna Foundation supports organizations sharing its commitment to enhancing the health of individuals and families, and the well-being of their communities, with a special focus on those communities where Cigna employees live and work.
Cigna Corporation (NYSE: CI) is a global health service company dedicated to helping people improve their health, well-being and sense of security. All products and services are provided exclusively by or through operating subsidiaries of Cigna Corporation, including Connecticut General Life Insurance Company, Cigna Health and Life Insurance Company, Life Insurance Company of North America and Cigna Life Insurance Company of New York. Such products and services include an integrated suite of health services, such as medical, dental, behavioral health, pharmacy, vision, supplemental benefits, and other related products including group life, accident and disability insurance. Cigna maintains sales capability in 30 countries and jurisdictions, and has approximately 78 million customer relationships throughout the world. To learn more about Cigna®, including links to follow us on Facebook or Twitter, visit www.cigna.com.
Achilles International is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit helping people with disabilities be active, set goals, achieve, and make long term improvements to their health and fitness. Achilles, which was founded in 1983, has its headquarters in NY and can be found on the web at www.achillesinternational.org
Other articles in News Releases:
- Cigna Corporation's Fourth Quarter 2019 Earnings Release Details
- Cigna Adds Crozer-Keystone Health System to its Medicare Network in Pennsylvania
- Cigna And Oscar Announce Strategic Partnership To Offer Differentiated Health Solutions To Small Businesses In Select U.S. Markets
- Cigna Ventures Invests in Two Breakthrough Companies to Accelerate Digital Health Innovation and Connect Customers to Care Anywhere, Anytime
- Cigna Helps People Achieve Aspirational Health Goals at the 2020 Walt Disney World® Marathon Weekend
- Combining Medical, Pharmacy and Behavioral Benefits Delivers Annual Savings of More than $850 per Customer with an Identified Health Improvement Opportunity