Facebook Vote to Decide GO YOU Award Winner
Winner's charity gets $50,000
- Four individuals who started health-related charities are nominees
- Vote open November 4 to November 11
BLOOMFIELD, Conn., November 04, 2013 - Cigna (NYSE:CI) is asking the public through a Facebook vote to decide who should win the Cigna GO YOU Award and a $50,000 Cigna Foundation grant for her charity.
Cigna's GO YOU Award recognizes innovators in providing health services to targeted populations. The selection process, which will take place from 12:01 a.m. on Monday, November 4 to midnight Monday, November 11, will allow the public to choose from four previously-named nominees for the award. The nominees are:
- Susan Hester, Mautner Project, Washington DC. Mission: To improve the health of women who partner with women, including lesbian, bisexual and transgender individuals, through primary medical care, support services, education and advocacy.
- Clarissa Black, founder of Pets for Vets, Long Beach, Calif. Mission: Our goal is to help heal the emotional wounds of military veterans by pairing them with a shelter dog that is specially selected and trained to match each veteran's needs, lifestyle and personality.
- Florence Haseltine, MD, PhD, Society for Women's Health Research (SWHR), Washington DC. Mission: SWHR is the national thought leader in the study of biological differences in disease, dedicated to transforming women's health through science, advocacy and education.
- Maria Borrero, Hispanic Health Council, Hartford, Conn. Mission: To improve the health of social well-being of Latinos and other diverse communities.
All four nominees have already earned $20,000 Cigna Foundation grants for their charities.
The GO YOU Award honors the pioneering spirit of innovative individuals who create or build nonprofit organizations that contribute to personal, family and community health. The award is an extension of Cigna's focus on encouraging people to be true to themselves and meeting their individual needs.
To vote for the GO YOU Award, people should visit www.bit.ly/GOYOUAwards2013. Each person will be allowed one vote per day.
The nominees were identified by a panel of Cigna Foundation officers and others within the company with expertise in the field of health-related philanthropy, based on recommendations from both internal and external experts. The panel considers both the personal story of the potential individual recipient and the effectiveness of their nonprofit organization.
About Cigna and the Cigna Foundation
The Cigna Foundation is a private foundation funded by contributions from Cigna Corporation (NYSE: CI) and its subsidiaries. The Cigna Foundation supports organizations sharing its commitment to enhancing the health of individuals and families, and the well-being of their communities, with a special focus on those communities where Cigna employees live and work. To learn more about Cigna®, including links to follow us on Facebook or Twitter, visit www.cigna.com.
Other articles in News Releases:
- Cigna and Express Scripts Named Best Places to Work for Disability Inclusion
- Cigna Returns as Presenting Sponsor of the Marine Corps Marathon, Continuing a Tradition of Honoring Members of the U.S. Armed Forces
- Cigna Corporation’s Second Quarter 2019 Earnings Release Details
- GNS Healthcare Raises $23 Million Led by Cigna Ventures
- Cigna Demonstrates Commitment to Health of People, Communities and Environment
- Cigna's U.S. Loneliness Index Provides Actionable Insights for Improving Body and Mind Health