Cigna-HealthSpring of Alabama COO Sheffield H. Young Selected as Father of the Year Nominee
25 March 2014
BIRMINGHAM & NASHVILLE - March 25, 2014 - Sheffield H. Young, chief operating officer for Cigna-HealthSpring of Alabama has been selected as a nominee for Father of the Year by the National Father's Day Council in partnership with the American Diabetes Association. The American Diabetes Association and the National Father's Day Council created the awards to recognize men who have made family a priority while balancing a demanding career and community involvement.
"I am so honored to be nominated for Father of the Year," said Young. "Without good health, none of us can enjoy all that life has to offer. My work with Cigna-HealthSpring is focused on working with primary care and specialist doctors to help our customers lead a healthy life. Diabetes is a condition that affects many of our senior customers and this nomination furthers my ability to spread the word about how Type II diabetes can be prevented and symptoms for both Type I and Type II diabetes can be successfully managed. I hope everyone will join me in supporting this vital cause."
The 2014 Father of The Year will be announced on June 12 in Birmingham. Those who are interested can learn more about the award event and support diabetes prevention in honor of a Father of the Year nominee by visiting http://main.diabetes.org/site/TR/FatheroftheYear/FOTYContent?px=9726205&pg=personal&fr_id=9563.
Cigna-HealthSpring, a Cigna company (NYSE:CI), is one of the country's leading health plans focused on delivering care to the senior population, predominately through Medicare Advantage and other Medicare and Medicaid products. Cigna-HealthSpring serves over one million customers in locations across the country. Based in Nashville, Tennessee, Cigna-HealthSpring operates health plans in Alabama, Arizona, Arkansas, Delaware, Florida, Georgia, Illinois, Indiana, Maryland, Mississippi, North Carolina, Oklahoma, Pennsylvania, South Carolina, Tennessee, Texas and Washington, D.C. Cigna-HealthSpring also offers a national stand-alone prescription drug plan. For more information, visit www.cignahealthspring.com.
Other articles in News Releases:
- Cigna Waives Customer Cost-Sharing For COVID-19 Treatment And Deploys Clinical Teams To Increase Virtual Care Capacity
- Cigna Makes It Easier For Hospitals To Focus On COVID-19 By Helping Accelerate Patient Transfers
- Cigna Expands Benefits To Support And Protect Its Workforce In Response To COVID-19
- Cigna Corporation Announces Pricing Terms of Tender Offers for up to $1.45 billion in Aggregate Principal Amount of Outstanding Notes
- Cigna Corporation Announces Early Results of Tender Offers for up to $1.45 billion in Aggregate Principal Amount of Outstanding Notes
- Cigna Takes Additional Actions To Protect Customers And Communities Against COVID-19