Cigna-HealthSpring of Alabama COO Sheffield H. Young Selected as Father of the Year Nominee
25 March 2014
BIRMINGHAM & NASHVILLE - March 25, 2014 - Sheffield H. Young, chief operating officer for Cigna-HealthSpring of Alabama has been selected as a nominee for Father of the Year by the National Father's Day Council in partnership with the American Diabetes Association. The American Diabetes Association and the National Father's Day Council created the awards to recognize men who have made family a priority while balancing a demanding career and community involvement.
"I am so honored to be nominated for Father of the Year," said Young. "Without good health, none of us can enjoy all that life has to offer. My work with Cigna-HealthSpring is focused on working with primary care and specialist doctors to help our customers lead a healthy life. Diabetes is a condition that affects many of our senior customers and this nomination furthers my ability to spread the word about how Type II diabetes can be prevented and symptoms for both Type I and Type II diabetes can be successfully managed. I hope everyone will join me in supporting this vital cause."
The 2014 Father of The Year will be announced on June 12 in Birmingham. Those who are interested can learn more about the award event and support diabetes prevention in honor of a Father of the Year nominee by visiting http://main.diabetes.org/site/TR/FatheroftheYear/FOTYContent?px=9726205&pg=personal&fr_id=9563.
Cigna-HealthSpring, a Cigna company (NYSE:CI), is one of the country's leading health plans focused on delivering care to the senior population, predominately through Medicare Advantage and other Medicare and Medicaid products. Cigna-HealthSpring serves over one million customers in locations across the country. Based in Nashville, Tennessee, Cigna-HealthSpring operates health plans in Alabama, Arizona, Arkansas, Delaware, Florida, Georgia, Illinois, Indiana, Maryland, Mississippi, North Carolina, Oklahoma, Pennsylvania, South Carolina, Tennessee, Texas and Washington, D.C. Cigna-HealthSpring also offers a national stand-alone prescription drug plan. For more information, visit www.cignahealthspring.com.
Other articles in News Releases:
- Cigna Collaborates with Annum Health to Introduce a Digital Health Solution to Help People Reduce Alcohol Consumption
- Cigna Helps Customers Affected by California Wildfires, Cigna Foundation Donates $25,000 to the American Red Cross for Recovery
- Cigna Names Jim Hickey as Market President for South Texas Commercial Health Plans
- Cigna Furthers Commitment to Promote Mental Well-Being by Collaborating With Happify Health and Prevail Health to Offer New Digital Tools
- New Cigna Pregnancy App Enables Improved Health and Lower Costs For Pregnant Women
- Cigna Reports Strong Third Quarter 2018 Results, Raises Outlook