New Cigna Individual Supplemental Health Products Pay Lump Sums from $5k to $100k for Those Diagnosed with Cancer, Heart Attack or Stroke
- Helps Provide Peace of Mind for Americans Stretching Their Paychecks
- Optional Add-on Riders and Discounts for Families Are an Economical Way to Personalize Coverage
AUSTIN, Texas, July 10, 2014 - With the majority of U.S. workers surveyed by Cigna reporting that they would only be able to go 12 weeks without a regular paycheck before running into financial difficulties, Cigna's (NYSE: CI) new suite of supplemental health insurance products, called Flexible Choice, provides lump sum payments ranging from $5,000 to $100,000 for policyholders diagnosed with a heart attack, stroke or cancer. The lump sum payments provided by these insurance policies can be used any way the individual sees fit.
Individuals can choose a Flexible Choice Cancer policy and/or Heart Attack & Stroke policy and customize them with riders that offer additional benefit options for an additional premium to help protect against the future expenses associated with these illnesses. The policies and riders are insured by Loyal American Life Insurance Company.
"Many Americans don't have a financial cushion to absorb the unanticipated expenses that occur with a serious medical condition. In addition to out-of-pocket medical-related expenses, other costs can arise -- such as wanting to fly in family members to help or hiring someone for the yard work. Everyone's situation is different, so we designed our Flexible Choice products to provide many options so customers can choose the one that best meets their needs," said David Chambers, divisional vice president of brokerage sales for Cigna Supplemental Benefits.
Flexible Choice Cancer and Heart Attack & Stroke products are available currently in 18 states and will continue to roll out nationally pending regulatory approvals. Policies are offered for ages 18 to 99. Payroll rates for small groups are also available. Licensed agents who would like more information about Cigna's products and services can email CSBAgentMarketing@Cigna.com.
Cigna Corporation (NYSE: CI) is a global health service company dedicated to helping people improve their health, well-being and sense of security. All products and services are provided exclusively by or through operating subsidiaries of Cigna Corporation, including Loyal American Life Insurance Company. Such products and services include an integrated suite of health services, such as medical, dental, behavioral health, pharmacy, vision, supplemental benefits and other related products including group life, accident and disability insurance. Cigna maintains sales capabilities in 30 countries and jurisdictions, and has more than 80 million customer relationships throughout the world. To learn more about Cigna®, including links to follow us on Facebook or Twitter, visit www.cigna.com.
Other articles in News Releases:
- Cigna Health Services Business Pioneers an Innovative Solution to Affordably Bring Life-Changing Therapies to Patients
- Cigna, Express Scripts Implement Emergency Procedures for People Affected by Hurricane Dorian
- Cigna Foundation Helps Expand Trauma Counseling Services With $68,000 Grant to Pace Center for Girls
- Cigna Corporation Announces Appearance at the 2019 Morgan Stanley Healthcare Conference
- Cigna Foundation Announces Availability of $5 Million in Grants to Reduce Child Food Insecurity
- Cigna Corporation Announces Appearance at the Wells Fargo 2019 Healthcare Conference