Cigna Global Health Benefits introduces mobile app online claim submission functionality using market-leading image capture and processing technology
WILMINGTON, Del., July 29, 2015 - Click. Capture. Submit. It's now that easy for customers of Cigna Global Health Benefits® (NYSE: CI) to submit a claim for processing. Using their Android or Apple smartphones, customers can take a picture of their claim and submit it through the Cigna Envoy® Mobile App to begin processing it. Not only is it easier, it's also faster and more convenient. On average, a claim submitted through a smartphone is completed within four minutes; whereas a claim submitted online takes an average of 10 minutes according to Cigna data.
Bringing this technology to globally mobile customers gives them another way to submit their claims wherever they are in the world. Depending on their preference, customers can submit claims in a variety of ways including through their smartphone, online at CignaEnvoy.com or in a more traditional paper-based mail format.
"Customers told us they wanted the ability to submit claims using their smartphones. They're on the go quite a lot and need an easy and convenient way to start the claims process," said Robyn Cameron, senior vice president, Cigna Global Health Benefits. "In today's technology driven world, people typically don't leave home without their smartphone, so building the capability for customers to take a picture of their claim and submit it through their smartphone was imperative."
Cigna Corporation (NYSE: CI) is a global health service company dedicated to helping people improve their health, well-being and sense of security. All products and services are provided exclusively by or through operating subsidiaries of Cigna Corporation, including Cigna Health and Life Insurance Company, Life Insurance Company of North America or service company subsidiaries. Such products and services include an integrated suite of health services, such as medical, dental, behavioral health, pharmacy, vision, supplemental benefits, and other related products including group life, accident and disability insurance. Cigna maintains sales capability in 30 countries and jurisdictions, and has more than 88 million customer relationships throughout the world. To learn more about Cigna®, including links to follow us on Facebook or Twitter, visit www.cigna.com.
Other articles in News Releases:
- Cigna Employees Kick Off $25 Million Healthier Kids For Our Future Initiative By Combatting Childhood Hunger Globally
- Cigna Corporation’s Fourth Quarter 2018 Earnings Release Details
- Cigna Brings Together Queen Latifah, Nick Jonas and Ted Danson to Encourage Everyone to Take Control of Both Their Physical and Emotional Health
- Cigna Statement on the Passing of Jim Rogers, Former Duke Energy CEO, and Cigna Board Member
- Cigna Completes Combination with Express Scripts, Establishing a Blueprint to Transform the Health Care System
- Cigna Corporation Announces Appearance at the 37th Annual J.P. Morgan Healthcare Conference