Cigna Named Corporation of the Year by World Affairs Council -Washington DC
Joe Mondy, 860-226-5499
BLOOMFIELD, Conn., 12 November, 2015 - Today the World Affairs Council -- Washington DC presented a first-ever Corporation of the Year Award to global health service company, Cigna.
The World Affairs Council - Washington DC named Cigna as Corporation of the Year in recognition of best practice by a U.S. multinational company in the global social responsibility sector, citing Cigna's global commitment to corporate social responsibility, diversity, health and fitness as reasons for the recognition.
The Council award was presented to Cigna President and Chief Executive Officer, David M. Cordani during a luncheon at the National Press Club in Washington, along with Health and Human Services Secretary Sylvia Burwell, who received WAC's Distinguished Public Service Award.
"We are honored to receive this award," Cordani said. "This is great recognition of the work our Cigna associates perform around the world in pursuit of our mission to help the people we serve improve their healthy, well-being and sense of security."
Cigna was named to Corporate Responsibility Magazine's 100 Best Corporate Citizens and in September, it became the first U.S. health insurer to sign the U.N. Global Compact.
Cigna Corporation (NYSE: CI) is a global health service company dedicated to helping people improve their health, well-being and sense of security. All products and services are provided exclusively by or through operating subsidiaries of Cigna Corporation, including Connecticut General Life Insurance Company, Cigna Health and Life Insurance Company, Life Insurance Company of North America and Cigna Life Insurance Company of New York. Such products and services include an integrated suite of health services, such as medical, dental, behavioral health, pharmacy, vision, supplemental benefits, and other related products including group life, accident and disability insurance. Cigna maintains sales capability in 30 countries and jurisdictions, and has more than 89 million customer relationships throughout the world. To learn more about Cigna®, including links to follow us on Facebook or Twitter, visit www.cigna.com.
About The World Affairs Council - Washington, DC
The World Affairs Council - Washington, DC is 'A Leading Forum for Global Education and International Affairs' and an institution 'Where Learning Happens'. The Council is a non-profit, non-partisan organization dedicated to expanding awareness among the American public and the international community, of geopolitical, business, environmental and civil society issues, in our inter-connected world.
Other articles in News Releases:
- Cigna Corporation's Second Quarter 2020 Earnings Release Details
- Cigna + Oscar Helps Small Business Owners who Recognize that a Healthy Workforce is the Key to a Vibrant Business in COVID-19 Environment
- Priority Health and Cigna Form Strategic Alliance to Make Quality Health Care More Affordable and Accessible for Michigan Employers and Customers
- Cigna Donates $75,000 to the City of Memphis to Fund COVID-19 Testing for Underserved Communities
- Cigna, Huntsville Hospital Health System Reach Agreement to Provide Value-Based Care to Medicare Advantage Customers in Northern Alabama
- Cigna Foundation Announces Availability Of $5 Million In Grants To Address Children's Mental Health, Childhood Hunger