Cigna Receives Freedom Award for Support of National Guard, Reserve Employees
- One of 15 companies recognized nationwide
- Highest employer award given by Department of Defense
- Cigna CEO David M. Cordani accepted award
BLOOMFIELD, Conn., August 21, 2015 - The U.S. Department of Defense today bestowed the 2015 Employer Support Freedom Award to Cigna, one of 15 companies nationwide given the highest honor for support of National Guard and Reserve employees. Cigna President and CEO David M. Cordani accepted the award at a ceremony earlier today at the Pentagon in Washington.
"In accepting this award, Cigna offers its gratitude to those who serve our country, and who grace our workplace with their talent and skills. We're honored to offer our unwavering support to military men and women and their families," Cordani said.
Veterans are an important part of Cigna's workforce. The Veterans Colleague Resource Group (CRG) within Cigna, a networking and support organization, embraces the veteran community through recruiting, retention and fellowship policies designed to help veterans adjust to work life and to drive progress toward Cigna's business goals.
The 2015 Freedom Award recipients were selected from 2,960 nominations received from guardsmen and reservists for going far beyond what the federal law requires to support military employees. The Freedom Award was instituted in 1996 under the auspices of the Employer Support of the Guard and Reserve to recognize exceptional support from the employer community. In the years since, 205 employers have been honored with the award.
Cigna Corporation (NYSE: CI) is a global health service company dedicated to helping people improve their health, well-being and sense of security. All products and services are provided exclusively by or through operating subsidiaries of Cigna Corporation, including Connecticut General Life Insurance Company, Cigna Health and Life Insurance Company, Life Insurance Company of North America and Cigna Life Insurance Company of New York. Such products and services include an integrated suite of health services, such as medical, dental, behavioral health, pharmacy, vision, supplemental benefits, and other related products including group life, accident and disability insurance. Cigna maintains sales capability in 30 countries and jurisdictions, and has more than 86 million customer relationships throughout the world. To learn more about Cigna®, including links to follow us on Facebook or Twitter, visit www.cigna.com.
Other articles in News Releases:
- Cigna Corporation Announces Appearance at the Goldman Sachs 40th Annual Global Healthcare Conference
- Cigna Named to CR Magazine 100 Best Corporate Citizens for Fifth Consecutive Year
- Cigna Commits $140,000 to Methodist and Le Bonheur Children’s Hospital Foundations to Expand Community Health and Well-being Services
- Cigna Corporation to Host Investor Day on May 31, 2019
- Bridges Health Partners LLC and Cigna Announce Collaborative Accountable Care Agreement to Improve Health and Lower Costs in Western Pennsylvania
- Cigna Delivers Strong First Quarter 2019 Results, Raises Outlook