Cigna Vice President Wins Case in Point Platinum Award for Case/Care Manager Leadership
- Beth Chiappetta recognized for leadership and innovation to improve healthy outcomes for disability customers
- Cigna Integrated Personal Health Team named a finalist in the category of Workers Compensation/Disability Programs
PHILADELPHIA, May 15, 2015 - Beth Chiappetta, vice president of operations at Cigna, earned the highest honor for Case/Care Manager Leadership at the sixth annual Case in Point Platinum Awards, created by publisher Dorland Health. Chiappetta leads the Cigna clinical team supporting its disability benefits unit. The awards recognize the most successful and innovative case management programs and people who help improve health care across the care continuum.
"Beth's leadership and creativity enable our clinical staff to help customers return to work and to life after a disabling injury or illness," said Mark Marsters, senior vice president of operations for Cigna disability insurance business. "During this Disability Insurance Awareness Month, Case in Point's awards program recognizes the importance of a culture of health and productivity in the workplace."
Chiappetta leads the Cigna disability clinical team across the country, including physicians, nurses, behavioral health specialists, pharmacists and vocational rehabilitation coaches. Cigna absence management programs focus on improving stay at work and return to work outcomes through proactive interventions by vocational coaches, a clinical team focused on mental and behavioral issues and dedicated pharmacy staff to improve patient health.
In addition to the leadership award, the Cigna Integrated Personal Health Team program earned an honorable mention in the Workers Compensation/Disability Programs award category. The complete list of winners can be found online at the Dorland Health web site.
Award entries were judged by a panel of experts from the clinical and business sectors of health care. Entries were evaluated based on the proven track record and program success.
Dorland Health, an Access Intelligence, LLC Company, is a leading integrated media publisher in the health care business information industry. It publishes Case in Point, the leading publication for professionals involved in case management and care coordination, the Case Management Resource Guide, Case In Point Weekly and various special reports; and it offers industry webinars, award programs and continuing education credits.
Cigna Corporation (NYSE: CI) is a global health service company dedicated to helping people improve their health, well-being and sense of security. All products and services are provided exclusively by or through operating subsidiaries of Cigna Corporation, including Cigna Health and Life Insurance Company, Connecticut General Life Insurance Company, Life Insurance Company of North America, Cigna Life Insurance Company of New York, and their affiliates. Such products and services include an integrated suite of health services, such as medical, dental, behavioral health, pharmacy, vision, supplemental benefits, and other related products including group life, accident and disability insurance. Cigna maintains sales capability in 30 countries and jurisdictions, and has approximately 88 million customer relationships throughout the world. To learn more about Cigna®, including links to follow us on Facebook or Twitter, visit http://www.cigna.com.
Other articles in News Releases:
- Cigna Collaborates with Annum Health to Introduce a Digital Health Solution to Help People Reduce Alcohol Consumption
- Cigna Helps Customers Affected by California Wildfires, Cigna Foundation Donates $25,000 to the American Red Cross for Recovery
- Cigna Names Jim Hickey as Market President for South Texas Commercial Health Plans
- Cigna Furthers Commitment to Promote Mental Well-Being by Collaborating With Happify Health and Prevail Health to Offer New Digital Tools
- New Cigna Pregnancy App Enables Improved Health and Lower Costs For Pregnant Women
- Cigna Reports Strong Third Quarter 2018 Results, Raises Outlook