Cigna Assists People Affected by Orlando Shooting With 24x7 Telephone Help Line
Mark Slitt, 860-226-2092
ORLANDO, Fla., 13 June, 2016 - Cigna (NYSE: CI) is expanding access to its 24x7 telephone help line to provide personal assistance and support for anyone affected by the tragic shooting in Orlando. Phone lines are staffed with qualified clinicians who are available to speak with people about how to cope with loss, anxiety, stress, fear or other issues related to gun violence.
People who do not have health benefits or employee assistance program benefits with Cigna can call a special toll-free number - 866.912.1687 - 24 hours a day through July 8.
Customers who have health benefits or employee assistance program benefits with Cigna should call the telephone number on their Cigna I.D. card.
“We are shocked and profoundly saddened by the terrible shooting in Orlando this past weekend,” said Dean Mirabella, president of Cigna’s North Florida market. “Naturally, Orlando is grief-stricken, but this terrible tragedy also affects people coast to coast, border to border. Cigna's support lines are open to anyone affected anywhere in the country. If you are suffering or struggling, you don’t have to go through this alone. We’re here to help.”
Cigna also offers helpful online resources for physical, mental and emotional self-care during turbulent times, including violent attacks. Resources are available on CignaBehavioral.com in the Disaster Resource Center, in English and Español.
Cigna Corporation (NYSE: CI) is a global health service company dedicated to helping people improve their health, well-being and sense of security. All products and services are provided exclusively by or through operating subsidiaries of Cigna Corporation, including Connecticut General Life Insurance Company, Cigna Health and Life Insurance Company, Life Insurance Company of North America and Cigna Life Insurance Company of New York. Such products and services include an integrated suite of health services, such as medical, dental, behavioral health, pharmacy, vision, supplemental benefits, and other related products including group life, accident and disability insurance. Cigna maintains sales capability in 30 countries and jurisdictions, and has more than 90 million customer relationships throughout the world. To learn more about Cigna®, including links to follow us on Facebook or Twitter, visit www.cigna.com.
Other articles in News Releases:
- Cigna Employees Kick Off $25 Million Healthier Kids For Our Future Initiative By Combatting Childhood Hunger Globally
- Cigna Corporation’s Fourth Quarter 2018 Earnings Release Details
- Cigna Brings Together Queen Latifah, Nick Jonas and Ted Danson to Encourage Everyone to Take Control of Both Their Physical and Emotional Health
- Cigna Statement on the Passing of Jim Rogers, Former Duke Energy CEO, and Cigna Board Member
- Cigna Completes Combination with Express Scripts, Establishing a Blueprint to Transform the Health Care System
- Cigna Corporation Announces Appearance at the 37th Annual J.P. Morgan Healthcare Conference