Cigna Helps Areas Hit by Hurricane Irma Recover With Contribution to American Red Cross
Mark Slitt, 860.226.2092
- Company donates $200,000 and will match employee contributions
- Free 24x7 telephone help line remains open to all affected by hurricanes through Oct. 15
MIAMI September 14, 2017 As multiple states and the U.S. Virgin Islands face the daunting task of recovering from Hurricane Irma, Cigna (NYSE: CI) is assisting with a $200,000 contribution to the American Red Cross. Cigna will also match employee contributions to the Red Cross through the company's matching gift program.
"The devastation caused by Hurricane Irma is heart breaking,"said Scott Evelyn, Cigna's president for South Florida and the Virgin Islands. "All of us at Cigna want to do our part to help the people and communities we serve rebuild and recover."
"This terrible disaster touches all of us we all have friends, relatives, co-workers or colleagues who have experienced loss and disruption, said Dean Mirabella, Cigna's president for North Florida. "Cigna is ready to assist, with resources that can help people get through difficult times and with funding to help the Red Cross provide relief."
Cigna's 24x7 telephone help line remains open to anyone affected by Hurricanes Harvey and Irma. The help line provides personal assistance and support and is staffed with qualified clinicians who are available to speak with people about how to cope with loss, anxiety, stress or other issues resulting from the hurricanes and flooding.
People who do not have health benefits or employee assistance program benefits with Cigna can call the help line using a special toll-free number - 866.912.1687 - 24 hours a day through October 15.
Customers who have health benefits or employee assistance program benefits with Cigna should call the help line using the telephone number on their Cigna I.D. card or 800.244.6224.
Cigna also offers helpful online resources for physical, mental and emotional self-care during turbulent times, including hurricanes. Resources are available on CignaBehavioral.com in the Disaster Resource Center, in English and Español.
Cigna Corporation (NYSE: CI) is a global health service company dedicated to helping people improve their health, well-being and sense of security. All products and services are provided exclusively by or through operating subsidiaries of Cigna Corporation, including Connecticut General Life Insurance Company, Cigna Health and Life Insurance Company, Life Insurance Company of North America and Cigna Life Insurance Company of New York. Such products and services include an integrated suite of health services, such as medical, dental, behavioral health, pharmacy, vision, supplemental benefits, and other related products including group life, accident and disability insurance. Cigna maintains sales capability in 30 countries and jurisdictions, and has more than 95 million customer relationships throughout the world. To learn more about Cigna®, including links to follow us on Facebook or Twitter, visit www.cigna.com.
Other articles in News Releases:
- Cigna Takes Action To Combat The Rise Of Loneliness And Improve Mental Wellness In America
- Cigna Named Among “Best Places to Work for LGBTQ Equality” For Eighth Year in a Row
- Cigna Corporation's Fourth Quarter 2019 Earnings Release Details
- Cigna Adds Crozer-Keystone Health System to its Medicare Network in Pennsylvania
- Cigna And Oscar Announce Strategic Partnership To Offer Differentiated Health Solutions To Small Businesses In Select U.S. Markets
- Cigna Ventures Invests in Two Breakthrough Companies to Accelerate Digital Health Innovation and Connect Customers to Care Anywhere, Anytime