Cigna Earns Military Friendly® Designation for Strong Veterans Hiring Programs
Gloria Barone, 215-761-4758
BLOOMFIELD, Conn., 23 January, 2018 - Cigna (NYSE: CI), a global health service company, was designated as a Military Friendly® Employer by Victory Media, which provides its list of Military Friendly Employers to service members and their families, helping them discover post-military career opportunities. Companies that have earned this designation are deemed to have exceptionally strong hiring programs and meaningful jobs for transitioning service members, veterans and spouses.
Companies and organizations earning the Military Friendly Employer designation are evaluated using publicly available data from federal agencies, personal opinion data from veteran employees and proprietary Military Friendly survey data from participating organizations. More than 200 companies participated in the survey.
“Cigna's commitment to veterans runs deep, and includes a Colleague Resource Group within the company to focus on the needs of our employees as well as customers who are veterans, and those veterans and their caregivers within the communities where Cigna operates,” said Cigna President and CEO David M. Cordani.
Other examples of how Cigna supports veterans includes the company’s launch of a free support line for all veterans and their families nationwide – available by calling 855.244.6211, 24 hours a day, 365 days a year – and a Cigna Foundation grant of $300,000 to the Iraq and Afghanistan Veterans of America (IAVA) to help veterans meet their life goals through connections to education, medical and legal resources and benefits.
Cigna Corporation (NYSE: CI) is a global health service company dedicated to helping people improve their health, well-being and sense of security. All products and services are provided exclusively by or through operating subsidiaries of Cigna Corporation, including Connecticut General Life Insurance Company, Cigna Health and Life Insurance Company, Life Insurance Company of North America and Cigna Life Insurance Company of New York. Such products and services include an integrated suite of health services, such as medical, dental, behavioral health, pharmacy, vision, supplemental benefits, and other related products including group life, accident and disability insurance. Cigna maintains sales capability in 30 countries and jurisdictions, and has more than 95 million customer relationships throughout the world. To learn more about Cigna®, including links to follow us on Facebook or Twitter, visit www.cigna.com .
Other articles in News Releases:
- Cigna Corporation's Fourth Quarter 2019 Earnings Release Details
- Cigna Adds Crozer-Keystone Health System to its Medicare Network in Pennsylvania
- Cigna And Oscar Announce Strategic Partnership To Offer Differentiated Health Solutions To Small Businesses In Select U.S. Markets
- Cigna Ventures Invests in Two Breakthrough Companies to Accelerate Digital Health Innovation and Connect Customers to Care Anywhere, Anytime
- Cigna Helps People Achieve Aspirational Health Goals at the 2020 Walt Disney World® Marathon Weekend
- Combining Medical, Pharmacy and Behavioral Benefits Delivers Annual Savings of More than $850 per Customer with an Identified Health Improvement Opportunity