We take a consultative approach to your organization's budgeting strategy.
Fixed employer contributions are a good choice for organizations that face continued pressure on affordability of health benefits. When paired with a private exchange or marketplace, defined contributions stabilize costs for employers and give employees a better understanding of the total cost of their plan, while offering more choice.
How it Works
Defined contribution allows employers to establish an annual dollar contribution amount per employee to spend on all health care plan coverage.
- Employer contribution uses pre-tax dollars
- An employee uses the employer contribution to select products that best meet their needs
- Employers have multiple options to structure a cost-effective approach to help employees pay for their benefits
- Employees stay invested in making smart choices
Benefits of Cigna Medical Plans
- Option for employers to bundle pharmacy, behavioral health, dental, and more
- Optional health and wellness incentive programs to encourage and reward employees
- Dedicated client service team
More Cost Control Strategies
More Plans and Services
Product availability may vary by location and plan type and is subject to change. All group health insurance policies and health benefit plans contain exclusions and limitations. For costs and complete details of coverage, contact a Cigna representative. Group medical plans are insured or administered by Cigna Health and Life Insurance Company or its affiliates. Policy forms: OK: HP-APP-1 et al, OR - HP-POL38 02-13, TN: HP-POL43/HC-CER1V1 et al
I want to...
Secure Member Sites
Cigna Company Information
Individual and family medical and dental insurance plans are insured by Cigna Health and Life Insurance Company (CHLIC), Cigna HealthCare of Arizona, Inc., Cigna HealthCare of Illinois, Inc., Cigna HealthCare of Georgia, Inc., Cigna HealthCare of North Carolina, Inc., Cigna HealthCare of South Carolina, Inc., and Cigna HealthCare of Texas, Inc. Group health insurance and health benefit plans are insured or administered by CHLIC, Connecticut General Life Insurance Company (CGLIC), or their affiliates (see
All insurance policies and group benefit plans contain exclusions and limitations. For availability, costs and complete details of coverage, contact a licensed agent or Cigna sales representative. This website is not intended for residents of New Mexico.