Health Insurance Plans in South Carolina
Shopping for your own coverage? Open Enrollment is here and runs until Jan. 15. Cigna's plans come with $0 preventive care, $0 virtual care (telehealth), personalized digital tools, and 24/7/365 service and support. Let’s find a plan that works for you.
See if plans are available in your state.
Shop and compare Medical plans now
Find in-network doctors and covered prescriptions, too.
Or, call us at
Open Enrollment for 2023 Health Insurance Plans
Open Enrollment for Cigna Individual and Family plans runs from Nov. 1, 2022-Jan. 15, 2023. During this time, you can check if you qualify for financial help, compare plans, and apply.
Why choose Cigna?
With $0 virtual care (telehealth),2 $0 preventive care visits,3 $3 or less for generic prescription drugs,4 and access to Cigna's Patient Assurance Program, Cigna's plans and programs make it easy for you to get affordable, quality care.
24/7 Virtual Care
Guided Customer Care
Get help from personalized health coaches to manage specific conditions like diabetes. My Personal Champion® can assist you with navigating the health care system during a critical situation. Or, speak to specialty pharmacists at our Therapeutic Resource Centers.
Personalized Digital Tools
The myCigna® website and mobile app5 help you find quality in-network providers, order and refill prescriptions, pay claims, and more. You also get data-driven customized alerts for health coaching, specialized care, and cost savings.
Rewards and Discounts
Customers over 18 can earn up to $325 in points that can be redeemed for a debit card or merchandise through our Take Control Rewards® program.6 Enjoy additional benefits with Cigna’s Healthy Rewards® discount program.
24/7/365 Customer Service
Have a question about your plan? Need help finding an in-network doctor? With Cigna, you can call any time for help with using your plan or navigating your benefits. Plus, if you have a health question, you can speak to a licensed clinician 24 hours a day.
Let's Get Started
Marketplace plan levels and features
Error loading table data.
How much do these plans cost?
The amount you pay monthly for your coverage (also called your premium) will vary depending on where you live, the size of your household, your income, and other factors.
Learn more about
2023 Cigna Health Insurance Plans
Please read the details of any plan before you enroll. You can also view all Summary Benefits of Coverage and Outlines of Coverage when you shop and compare.
Something went wrong
We were unable to load the ifp plans app, please try again later.
Manage your plan on myCigna:
Often bought together
Policies, Disclosures, and Requirements
Looking for plans through your employer?
This page features plans you can buy for yourself and your family. If you are looking for plans you might get through your employer, we can help get you there.
Plans are insured by Cigna Health and Life Insurance Company or its affiliates: For Arizona residents, health plans are offered by Cigna HealthCare of Arizona, Inc. For Georgia residents, health plans are offered by Cigna HealthCare of Georgia, Inc. For Illinois residents, health plans are offered by Cigna HealthCare of Illinois, Inc. For North Carolina residents, health plans are offered by Cigna HealthCare of North Carolina, Inc. For South Carolina residents, health plans are offered by Cigna HealthCare of South Carolina, Inc. For Texas residents, health plans are offered by Cigna HealthCare of Texas, Inc.
1 $0 premium plans based on internal data for 2022. Final premium amount is after any applicable subsidy, based on household size and income, from the Federal government is applied. $0 deductible and $0 copay are available on select Cigna individual and family health care plans. Reference plan documents for more information.
2 Cigna provides access to dedicated virtual care through a national telehealth provider, MDLive located on myCigna, as part of your health plan. Providers are solely responsible for any treatment provided to their patients. Video chat may not be available in all areas or with all providers. This service is separate from your health plan’s network and may not be available in all areas. $0 virtual care benefit (no cost share) for minor acute medical care not available for all plans. HSA plans and non-minor acute medical care may apply a copay, coinsurance, or deductible. Virtual care does not guarantee that a prescription will be written. Refer to plan documents for complete description of virtual care services and costs, including other telehealth/telemedicine benefits. For IL customers, a primary care provider referral may be required for specialist virtual visits.
3 Availability of $0 preventive care (no cost share) by plan may vary. Includes eligible in-network preventive care services. Some preventive care services may not be covered, including most immunizations for travel. Reference plan documents for a list of covered and non-covered preventive care services.
4 Health benefit plans may be different, but in general to be eligible for coverage a drug must be approved by the Food and Drug Administration (FDA), prescribed by a health care professional, purchased from a licensed pharmacy, and be medically necessary. If your plan provides coverage for certain prescription drugs with no cost-share, you may have to use an in-network pharmacy to fill the prescription. If you use a pharmacy that does not participate in your plan’s network, your prescription may not be covered or reimbursement may be limited by your plan’s copayment, coinsurance, or deductible requirements. Look at your plan documents for more information about your plan’s prescription drug coverage.
5 The downloading and use of the myCigna Mobile App is subject to the terms and conditions of the App and the online store from which it is downloaded. Standard mobile phone carrier and data usage charges apply.
6 The Cigna Take Control Rewards Program is available in all states to all primary subscribers that are active Cigna medical Individual and Family Plan policy holders and who are 18 years of age or older. All rewards may be considered taxable income. Contact your personal tax advisor for details. Program participation along with redeeming rewards is dependent on qualifying premiums being current and fully paid.
Buying an insurance plan through a broker or agent does not change or increase your insurance plan premiums, copayments, coinsurance, or deductibles. If you are working with a broker or agent, they may be eligible to receive commissions, fees, or other compensation from Cigna. Cigna pays brokers or insurance agents for providing service to our members. We are sharing this with you in accordance with section 202 of the Consolidated Appropriations Act. Broker compensation information is available at
South Carolina State Eligibility Requirements
You are eligible for coverage under this EOC if, at the time of application:
- You are a citizen or national of the United States, or a non-citizen who is lawfully present in the United States, and are reasonably expected to be a citizen, national, or a non-citizen who is lawfully present for the entire period for which enrollment is sought; and
- You are a resident of the state of South Carolina; and
- You live in the Enrollment Area in which You are applying, and intend to continue living there for the entire period for which enrollment is sought; and
- You are not incarcerated other than incarceration pending the disposition of charges; and
- You do not reside in an Institution; and
- You have submitted a completed and signed application for coverage and have been accepted in writing by Us.
Other Members may include the following Family Member(s):
- Your lawful spouse who lives in the Enrollment Area.
- Your children who live in the Enrollment Area and have not yet reached age 26.
- Your own, or Your spouse’s Newborn children are automatically covered from the moment of birth for the first 31 days of life. To continue coverage past that time, You must enroll the child as a Family Member by applying for his or her enrollment as a Family Member within 60 days of the date of birth, and pay any additional Premium. Coverage for a Newborn dependent child enrolled within 60 days of birth will be retroactive to the date of the child’s birth.
- An adopted child, including a child who is placed with You for adoption, is automatically covered for 31 days from the date of the adopted child’s placement for adoption or initiation of a suit of adoption. To continue coverage past that time, You must enroll the child as a Family Member by applying for his or her enrollment as a Family Member within 60 days of the date of adoption, and pay any additional Premium. Coverage for an adopted dependent child enrolled within 60 days of adoption will be retroactive to the date of the child’s placement for adoption or initiation of a suit of adoption.
- A child who is placed with You for foster care is automatically covered for 31 days from the date of the foster child’s placement. To continue coverage past that time, You must enroll the foster child as a Family Member by applying for his or her enrollment as a dependent within 60 days of the date the child is placed with You for foster care, and pay any additional Premium. Coverage for a foster child enrolled within 60 days of placement for foster care will be retroactive to the date of the child’s placement for foster care.
- If a court has ordered a Subscriber to provide coverage for an eligible child (as defined above) coverage will be automatic for the first 31 days following the date on which the court order is issued. To continue coverage past that time, You must enroll the child as a Family Member by applying for his or her enrollment as a Family Member within 60 days of the court order date, and pay any additional Premium. Court-ordered coverage for a dependent child enrolled within 60 days of the court order will be retroactive to the date of the court order.
- Your stepchildren who live in the Enrollment Area and have not yet reached age 26.
- Your own, or Your spouse's unmarried children, regardless of age, enrolled prior to age 26, who are incapable of self-support due to medically certified continuing intellectual or physical disability, and are chiefly dependent upon the Member for support and maintenance. Cigna may require written proof of such disability and dependency within 31 days after the child’s 26th birthday.
NOTE: A child enrolled as a Family Member under this EOC who resides outside of the Service Area is entitled to receive, while outside the Service Area, only Emergency Services for Emergency Medical Conditions.
States with Plan Availability
Plans available in AZ, CO, FL, GA, IL, IN, KS, MO, MS, NC, PA, SC, TN, TX, UT, and VA.
For available plans in all other areas, call us at
I want to...
Secure Member Sites
Cigna Company Information
Individual and family medical and dental insurance plans are insured by Cigna Health and Life Insurance Company (CHLIC), Cigna HealthCare of Arizona, Inc., Cigna HealthCare of Illinois, Inc., Cigna HealthCare of Georgia, Inc., Cigna HealthCare of North Carolina, Inc., Cigna HealthCare of South Carolina, Inc., and Cigna HealthCare of Texas, Inc. Group health insurance and health benefit plans are insured or administered by CHLIC, Connecticut General Life Insurance Company (CGLIC), or their affiliates (see
All insurance policies and group benefit plans contain exclusions and limitations. For availability, costs and complete details of coverage, contact a licensed agent or Cigna sales representative. This website is not intended for residents of New Mexico.