For security reasons, Cigna.com no longer supports your browser version. Please update your browser, or use an alternative browser such as Google Chrome, Microsoft Edge, or Mozilla Firefox for the best Cigna.com experience.
Typical Plan Structure
You may offer your employees three types of FSAs:
- A Health Care FSA reimburses employees for eligible health care expenses.
- A Dependent Care FSA reimburses employees for childcare, adult day care, and other eligible dependent care expenses
- A Limited Purpose FSA reimburses employees for eligible vision and dental expenses if they are also enrolled in a health savings account (HSA)
How it Works
- Employee-owned account
- All health plans are eligible
- Pre-determined, pre-tax1 contributions are made by the employee. Employees can contribute up to the IRS limit each year. Employers can also contribute funds.
- Option to offer an HRA in addition to the FSA
- Option to allow participants to carry over up to $500 of unused funds at end of plan year
- Option to offer two types of debit cards. Health care debit cards can be used at the doctor's office. Retail/pharmacy debit cards can be used to pay for eligible over-the counter and pharmacy purchases.
- Automatic claim forwarding option to pay health care providers directly from the FSA
Benefits of Cigna Medical Plans
- 24/7/365 live customer service, when and where employees need it
- Award-winning digital tools for employees, including the myCignaSM mobile app
- Worldwide in-network coverage for emergencies2
- Access to Cigna's large national network of labs, x-ray and radiology offices, and dialysis centers
- Option for employers to bundle pharmacy, behavioral health, dental, and more
- Optional health and wellness incentive programs to encourage and reward employees3
- Self-funded and fully insured funding options for employers. May vary by plan.
- Dedicated client service team
1State and/or local taxes may apply. Contact your tax advisor for details.
2For Emergency Services as defined by the applicable plan documents.
3Incentive programs are funded by the employer and may not be available with all product types.