Dental Insurance Protects Your Smile and Your Health
Dental insurance keeps you smiling. There are probably a lot of things you'd rather do than go to the dentist. But your teeth and gums are the gateway to good health. If you're unsure if you can afford dental coverage, you're like many American adults.1 But get ready to smile.
If you're enrolled in a Cigna Individual or Family medical insurance plan, you can add dental coverage, too. That way, you can manage all your health care needs in one place. What's more convenient than that?
If you don't have a Cigna Individual or Family medical insurance plan, you can still take advantage of Cigna's dental coverage. Cigna is pleased to offer a variety of dental preferred provider organization (PPO) plans to people of all ages who want their own separate Cigna dental plan.
With a Cigna dental plan, you'll get coverage for many services, not just routine cleanings and X-rays. Save the most when you stay in network. But, whether you choose an in-network or out-of-network dentist or specialist, you’ll still enjoy a wide range of dental coverage, including:
- Preventive care (cleanings, routine x-rays, and more)
- Basic care (fillings, non-routine x-rays, basic restorative work)
- Major services (bridges, crowns, root canals and more)
The new Cigna dental health plans include:
Cigna Dental Preventive: No yearly maximum, no deductible, with Cigna paying 100% of in-network* preventive and diagnostic services, and discounts for restorative and orthodontia services.+
Read more about Cigna Dental Preventive
Cigna Dental 1000: The plan pays up to $1,000 annually after the $50 individual/$150 family annual deductible. Coverage includes preventive, diagnostic and restorative services, with in-network discount for orthodontia.*+
Read more about Cigna Dental 1000
Cigna Dental 1500: The plan pays up to $1,500 annually with the same deductibles as Cigna Dental 1000. Coverage includes preventive, diagnostic and restorative services.** This plan also includes an orthodontia benefit for all ages.
Read more about Cigna Dental 1500
*Frequency limitations apply.
**Coinsurance and waiting periods may apply to certain services.
+In-network dentists contracted with Cigna may pass along discounted rates. Discounts are not available in Maryland, New York and Virginia.
Benefits of Cigna Dental
It's easier to manage your medical and dental care with:
- Convenient billing and payments. Get your medical and dental insurance statements on one bill. Of course, if you have a dental plan and no medical, you will only get a dental statement.
- No claims submissions. Cigna network dentists submit claims automatically.
- No need to choose a primary dentist. And no referrals needed for specialist care.
- Access to our national network of over 135,0004 dentists. Choose from in-network or out-of-network providers. But if you stay in-network, you will get the best value. Out-of-network discounts may also apply if you use a dentist in the Cigna network.
- Customer Service. Call 1.800.Cigna24 (1.800.244.6224) 24/7
- Online access with myCigna.com. View your bills and claims online, anytime—and pay your bills online, too.
- Mobile access on the go. Find a dentist, check coverage and show your ID card with the myCigna Mobile app.***
Protect Your Teeth—and Your Health
Being your best self includes keeping up with your dental health. It's an important part of your overall health. Poor dental health can lead to other problems. For example, research shows a link between gum disease and conditions like pre-term birth, heart disease, stroke and diabetes2.
To prevent gum disease, keep your teeth and gums clean—which means:
- Brush, floss, and use anti-bacterial rinse to remove food particles, gum plaque and bacteria.
- Stop smoking.
- Eat a balanced diet to help your immune system fight infection. Eat lots of fresh fruits and vegetables (red, green, orange and yellow ones) and nuts. Green leafy veggies and citrus fruits are especially helpful.
- Reduce stress to keep your immune system healthy. Exercise and meditation are options to consider.
- Get regular dental check-ups and cleanings at least twice a year.
The connection between oral health and overall health has both lifestyle and cost implications. In fact, a 2012 Cigna study shows 27.5% medical savings when periodontal conditions are treated3.
Cigna's plans and services, 24/7-customer support and large national network of dentists are designed with you in mind.
And your visits to the dentist? We can help make those something to smile about.
Want more information about Cigna's dental insurance? Call Cigna's licensed insurance agents at , 8:00 am to 10:00 pm (ET), Monday through Friday. You can also view the plans on cigna.com.
1 In a 2012 federal survey, 42% of adults that cited cost as the main reason to forego a dental visit for an oral health problem said they could not afford treatment, or did not have insurance ("Oral health status measured in national survey ," the American Dental Association).
2 www.adha.org (American Dental Hygienist Association)
3"Appropriate Periodontal Therapy Associated with Lower Medical Utilization and Costs," presented at the International Association for Dental Research Meeting, March 2013, Seattle
4133,910 unique dentists as of November, 2014
*** The downloading and use of the myCigna.com mobile app is subject to the terms and conditions of the app and the online store from which it is downloaded. Standard mobile phone carrier and data usage charges apply.
Be in the Know
HEALTH CARE OPEN ENROLLMENT
QUALIFYING FOR FINANCIAL ASSISTANCE
We're Here to Help
Are you a current Cigna Customer?
8:00 am to 10:00 pm (ET)
Monday through Friday
to speak with a licensed Cigna agent
Already a customer?
Go Mobile! Get the myCigna mobile app*and take Cigna with you when you're on the go.
24/7 customer service
Billing and payments
8:00 am to 10:00 pm (ET), Monday
*The downloading and use of the myCigna.com mobile app is subject to the terms and conditions of the app and the online store from which it is downloaded. Standard mobile phone carrier and data usage charges apply.