Real health and wellness solutions for real life.
Total health and wellness results from addressing 5 key areas of your employees’ well-being: Physical + Emotional + Financial + Social + Environmental
Your Cigna Engagement Consultant will talk with you about how our Health Accelerated: Life ConnectedSM approach offers the right mix of programs and services to address your organization's unique health needs and cost drivers.
Physical well-being helps increase energy and improve your ability to accomplish daily tasks.
Emotional well-being helps manage feelings and behaviors, enabling you to be more productive and make more meaningful contributions to your community.
Financial well-being helps provide a sense of security and relief from financial stress.
Social well-being can include connecting with others at work, home, and in your community.
Environmental well-being involves an awareness of the relationship between individual health and your home, work, and community.
Programs and Services
It all starts with creating a culture of well-being in your organization to help employees stay healthy and prevent illness. We help improve health and productivity and lower costs by guiding customers to the right care at the right time and right place.
- Client Health Engagement Consultants are available to all new and renewing smaller businesses (51-499)6 and Engagement Consultants to mid-size businesses (500-5000) at no additional charge. They help employers create and maintain personalized plans that support healthy employee behaviors.
- Cigna’s Employee Assistance Program complements wellness campaigns and programs through targeted wellness seminars, stress management tools, and critical incident and disaster response services, as well as assistance for work and life issues.
- Healthy Rewards® Program offers discounts on many health and wellness products and services to customers.7
Cigna Health Matters® Program
- Health Assessment is designed to be simple, fun, and engaging.
- Integration with myCigna.com, where employees can view their health status, incentives, and health recommendations.
- Enhanced client reporting incorporates engagement data from all these digital tools.
Health Risk Management
- Healthy Awards Account® allows employees to earn incentives for healthy activities.
- Cigna Health Advisor® program identifies both at-risk and seemingly healthy individuals who exhibit unhealthy behaviors. Through 1-on-1 coaching, we guide customers to make lifestyle changes, close gaps in care and help them choose cost-effective treatments.
- Cigna’s Diabetes Prevention Program provides digital behavioral counseling for people with prediabetes or those at risk for diabetes. In collaboration with Omada Health, participants learn how to apply and sustain heathy changes around eating, activity, sleep, and stress, with a focus on healthy weight loss.*
- Lifestyle Management Programs provide support and coaching with a focus on setting goals, overcoming barriers, and providing the resources and motivation to be successful. Programs include telephonic and online coaching for tobacco cessation, and managing weight and stress.
- Cigna MotivateMe® Incentive Program makes it easy for you to offer incentives to your employees so they can understand all their health incentive opportunities, track their progress and earn rewards as they take actions to improve their health.
- Care management services for individuals dealing with complex health concerns and high cost, high risk situations, such as traumatic injuries, high-risk pregnancy, multiple sclerosis, and oncology diagnoses.
- Cigna Healthy Pregnancies, Healthy Babies® Program* offers additional support during and after an employee’s pregnancy.
- Whole Health Team is a clinical team structured to support healthy to high-risk customers and provide 1-on-1 support with a health advocate.
- Integration with coaching (in-person and online options available).
- Community Support Program helps social workers identify and remove barriers in order to meet the customer’s basic needs. Once a more stable living environment is established, the customer can better focus on health improvement.
- Cigna's Cancer Support program aids employees and their families with information and assistance from diagnosis to treatment to remission.
Chronic Care Management
- Your Health First® program provides options for telephone, online or face-to-face coaching intervention for employees with chronic conditions, such as diabetes, asthma, depression, back pain and cardiac conditions. Employees work 1-on-1 with a health coach to close gaps in care, learn how to better manage their chronic health conditions and avoid onset of complications.
- Cigna Health Matters® Score uses advanced, predictive modeling to prioritize customers’ health risks for coaches, and to outreach to customers using email, text, or telephone.
- Cigna's Behavioral Health programs help you manage health issues and well-being concerns in your workforce before they become more serious. We provide coaching, support, and resources to help your employees – body and mind. And when you include our Employee Assistance Program (EAP) services, there is an even greater opportunity to improve well-being and productivity. Learn more
Benefits of all Cigna Medical Plans
- 24/7/365 live customer service, when and where employees need it
- Digital tools for employees, including the myCigna® mobile app
- Worldwide in-network coverage for emergencies
- Consumer driven health plan (CDHP) accounts, including health reimbursement accounts (HRAs,) health savings accounts (HSAs), and flexible spending accounts (FSAs)
- Option for employers to integrate medical, behavioral health, pharmacy, and more
- Multiple funding arrangements available for employers
- Designated client service team
- Client reporting, including engagement data from Cigna’s Health and Wellness programs
- Educational content for employees
- The My Personal Champion® program works with individuals to create a customized plan that may include benefit assistance, clinical support, and more.
Results and Customer Insights
Cigna Health Matters® Care Management is designed to deliver better outcomes and savings to the employee and employer. The customer may save $350 in out-of-pocket costs and may see a 4 percent reduction in unplanned inpatient admissions by engaging in short-term case management.8
* Program availability may vary
1 National Health Statistics Report, June 28, 2018, Debra L. Blackwell, PhD, and Tainya C. Clarke, PhD, MPH.
2 WebMD, Dealing With Chronic Illnesses and Depression, August 2018.
3 American Psychology Association, 10/30/18, “The 2018 Stress in America™ survey”.
4 Cigna 2018 U.S. Loneliness Index.
5 Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, Exposure to Secondhand Smoke Among Nonsmokers – United States, 1988–2014, December 7, 2018.
6 In most states, Cigna offers group insurance coverage to employers with more than 50 full-time employees, as well as administrative services for self-funded plans with as few as 25 full-time employees. For information about your state, contact a Cigna representative. For insured employers with 1 to 50 employees in Arizona please call Cigna at 800.456.6675 or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org for information about the product options available to you.
7 This is a discount program and is NOT insurance. This program is separate from plan benefits. Customers are required to pay the entire discounted charge directly to participating providers. Some programs may not be available in all areas and programs may be discontinued at any time.
8 Cigna Analytics Health Matters vs. Personal Health Solutions (PHS) Care Management Program Evaluation, 2018; results derived from Nationwide HMCM book of business using match case control study comparing engaged and not-engaged population. Individual client savings/results will vary.
Product availability may vary by location and plan type and is subject to change. All group health insurance policies and health benefit plans contain exclusions and limitations. For costs and details of coverage, contact a Cigna representative. Cigna group medical plans are insured and/or administered by Cigna Health and Life Insurance Company or its affiliates. Policy forms: OK: HP-APP-1 et al, OR - HP-POL38 02-13, TN: HP-POL43/HC-CER1V1 et al.