Cigna Leave Solutions® is your one stop for absence administration, providing organizations with a simpler, more coordinated way to effectively manage Family and Medical Leave Act (FMLA), Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA), Paid Family Leaves (PFL) and other types of planned and unplanned absences. It's tailored to your organization’s needs and leave absence policies to help keep workforce productivity and costs on track.
How it Works
Cigna will assess your organization’s current leave of absence policies, identify improvement and efficiency opportunities and recommend solutions for your organization and your employees. Here is a summary of the services we can provide.
- Uniform enforcement of federal and state regulations
- Integration of your company’s leave policies into the process
- One point of contact for employees – regardless of leave type
- Comprehensive fraud prevention monitoring
- Real-time manager/Human Resources communications
- Integrated reporting
- Clinical support for complex leaves and personalized return-to-work support and services
- 24/7/365 online employee access to claim and leave information
- Integration with Cigna Disability plans for shorter durations of absence and higher return-to-work rates4
- 5 days shorter disability durations
- $1,070 average cost savings
- 7% fewer recurring disability claims
Value-add Programs and Services
With Cigna Leave Solutions, your employees and their families have access to a suite of programs and services available for use at any time.1
- Cigna Health Advocacy Services
Cigna Health Advocacy Services offers personalized assistance to help you and your family members, including parents and parents-in-law, navigate a wide range of health care and health insurance challenges.
1 These programs are NOT insurance and do not provide reimbursement for financial losses.
Some restrictions may apply. Programs are provided through third party vendors who are solely responsible for their products and services. Full terms, conditions and exclusions are contained in the applicable client program description, and are subject to change. Program availability may vary by plan type and location, and are not available where prohibited by law. Contact your Cigna representative for details.
2This program is available at the option of the employer for an additional cost. This program is embedded with LTD, but may be removed upon request.
3 Services available at the option of employer for an additional cost and not available to Health Advocate, Inc. existing clients.
4Cigna internal book of business study, clients who have disability with FMLA vs. those with disability only for claims/leaves incurred 9/2014–8/2015. August 2016. For illustrative purposes only. Results are not guaranteed and actual client results will vary.