Almost every employee can benefit from integrated behavioral health services. By increasing the use of behavioral services across your organization, you can help decrease overall medical and behavioral expenses.
Cigna Behavioral Health offers a large network of licensed mental health providers, which includes telehealth providers, substance use treatment facilities and inpatient and outpatient treatment facilities.
How it Works
Cigna offers a range of mental health benefits and services to support your employees. Benefits will vary based on the medical plan you discuss with your local Cigna representative.
- No separate deductible for behavioral health coverage
- Pre-certification may be required for some treatments and services
- Integration with providers in our Cigna Collaborative Care program
- Integration with coaching and outreach programs through our Cigna Health Matters® program and HealthEview®, our proprietary desktop website. We leverage our Health Matters Score to identify employees at high risk for behavioral conditions. Cigna’s HealthEview platform is used by a multidisciplinary team of clinicians across medical, pharmacy and behavioral health to coordinate coaching and customer interactions.
- Complex Psychiatric Case Management, which provides physicians and psychiatrists with an integrated solution for customers taking multiple psychotropic drugs. The program leverages the integration between Cigna Pharmacy Management® and Cigna behavioral Health programs to identify individuals based on six months of retrospective pharmacy and medical claims data.
Benefits of all Cigna Medical Plans
- 24/7/365 live customer service, when and where employees need it
- Award-winning digital tools for employees, including the myCigna® mobile app
- Worldwide in-network coverage for emergencies
- Consumer driven health plan (CDHP) accounts, including health reimbursement accounts (HRAs,) health savings accounts (HSAs), and flexible spending accounts (FSAs)
- Option for employers to bundle medical, pharmacy, vision, and more
- Optional health and wellness discount programs to encourage and reward employees
- Self-funded and fully insured funding options for employers
- Dedicated client service team
- Educational content for employees, including behavioral health resources
Cigna Behavioral Health Gets Results
Cigna's Complex Psychiatric Case Management delivered a 21% total medical cost reduction.1
1Cigna internal analysis of Cigna Collaborative Care, Large Group annual results for 2014 (2015). ROI Methodology = (Total Savings-Total CCF Costs)/ Total CCF Costs. Reflects performance since inception of groups, with experience of one or more years. Results may vary.
Product availability may vary by location and plan type and is subject to change. All group health insurance policies and health benefit plans contain exclusions and limitations. For costs and details of coverage, contact a Cigna representative. Cigna group medical plans are insured and/or administered by Cigna Health and Life Insurance Company or its affiliates, with behavioral benefits administered by Cigna Behavioral Health, Inc. For information about behavioral health benefits in California, visit https://www.cigna.com/cignastatedirectory/cigna-in-california . Policy forms: OK: HP-APP-1 et al, OR - HP-POL38 02-13, TN: HP-POL43/HC-CER1V1 et al.