Group Life Insurance Policy Options
- Term Life plans are tailored to meet employers’ needs with a choice of basic (employer-paid) or voluntary (employee-paid) Term Life coverage, or a combination of the two.
- Group Universal Life (GUL) insurance combines guaranteed amounts of life insurance with a cash accumulation fund that earns tax-deferred interest at rates typically higher than lending institutions.1
Benefits of Cigna Plans
- Award-winning digital tools for employees, including the myCigna® website
- Option for employers to bundle medical, pharmacy, behavioral health, dental, and more
Value-add Programs and Services
With Cigna life insurance, employees and their families have access to a suite of programs and services available for use at any time.2
- Cigna Healthy Rewards® Program – Discounts for employees and their family members on a variety of health and wellness products and services.
- Cigna Identity Theft Program – Identity theft prevention and resolution services including personal assistance, guidance and tools to help prevent identity theft in the future.
- Cigna's Life AssistanceSM Program3 – Work/life support, referrals to counseling and community services for employees and their household members’ life challenges.
- Cignaassurance® Program – An interest-bearing account available at no extra cost for beneficiary payments of $5,000 or more and support from experienced resources in financial, legal and bereavement services.
- CignaWillCenter.com – Online tools to create state-specific legal documents for wills and powers of attorney and resources for estate and funeral planning.
1Contributions to a Cash Accumulation Fund (CAF) are optional and determined by the employee. Maximum contributions are subject to Internal Revenue Code limits. The actual CAF interest rate can adjust quarterly but should never be less than 4%. Savings account interest rates are not guaranteed. Contact your Cigna representative for details.
2These programs are NOT insurance and do not provide reimbursement for financial losses. Customers are required to pay the entire discounted charge for any discounted products or services available through these programs. Cignassurance is available to beneficiaries receiving coverage checks for $5,000 or more from group life and personal accident programs. Counseling, legal or financial assistance programs are not available under policies insured by Cigna Life Insurance Company of New York. Programs are provided by third party vendors, and not by Cigna. Contact your Cigna representative for details.
3This program is available at the option of the employer for an additional cost.
Cigna Group Universal Life Insurance policies are insured by Connecticut General Life Insurance Company. Term life insurance is offered by Life Insurance Company of North America, except in NY where policies are insured by Cigna Life Insurance Company of New York (New York, NY). Plans may not be available in all areas. All group insurance policies may contain exclusions, limitations, reduction of benefits, and terms under which the policies may be continued in force or discontinued. For costs and complete details of coverage, contact your Cigna representative. Policy forms: GUL - XX-603404 et al; Term Life - TL-004700 et al.