These days, offering health insurance may not be enough. Through our many programs and services, we help improve the health of your employees and to help your organization gain the edge it needs to spend less and perform better.
Programs and Services
Your Cigna representative will talk with you about the right mix of solutions to address your organization's unique health needs and cost drivers.
Cigna Health Matters® Program
- Health Assessment is designed to be simple, fun and engaging.
- Health Matters Score uses predictive modeling to prioritize customers’ health risks for coaches, and to outreach to customers using email, text, or telephone.
- Integration with myCigna.com, where employees can view their health status, incentives and health recommendations.
- Integration with coaching (in-person and online options available).
- Enhanced client reporting incorporates engagement data from all these digital tools.
It all starts with creating a culture of well-being in your organization to help employees stay healthy and prevent illness.
- Healthy Rewards® Program offers discounts on many health and wellness products and services to all Cigna customers.1
- Personal Health Team is a clinical team structured to support healthy to high-risk customers and provide one-on-one support with a health advocate.
- Health Improvement Strategists available at no additional charge to all new and renewing smaller business (51-499)2 clients to help employers create and maintain personalized plans that support healthy employee behaviors.
- Employee Assistance Program provides support for work and life issues so employees can manage their health and stay focused and productive.
Health Risk Management
Incentive and support programs make healthy activities the easy choice for your employees.
- Healthy Awards Account® allows employees to earn incentives for healthy activities.
- Cigna Health Advisor® program identifies both at-risk and seemingly healthy individuals who exhibit unhealthy behaviors. Through one-on-one coaching, we guide customers to choose cost-effective treatments, close gaps in care and make lifestyle changes.
- Cigna MotivateMe® Incentive Program makes it easy for customers to understand all their health incentive opportunities and track their progress and rewards as they take actions to improve their health.
- Incentive Points program allows employers to reward employees for taking action to improve their health and wellness.
- Cigna Healthy Pregnancies, Healthy Babies® Program offers additional support during and after an employee’s pregnancy.
We help improve health and productivity and lower costs by guiding customers to the right care at the right time and right place.
- Better Health. Guaranteed.® is a Cigna program which identifies individuals with potentially dangerous risk combinations and targets outreach accordingly. We guarantee that we'll lower the risk of your population in just 12 months.3
- Care management services for individuals dealing with serious situations, such as high-risk pregnancy, autism, substance use and eating disorders.
Chronic Care Management
- My Personal Champion® program provides employees and their family members with the highest level of individual attention. Individuals opt in to the program and get dedicated support at no additional cost. The program identifies individuals based on referrals, claims, inpatient admissions and call data. The personal champion develops a customized plan that may include assistance with benefits, clinical support and local resources.
- Cigna Dental Oral Health Integration Program® reimburses out-of-pocket costs for specific dental services used to treat gum disease and tooth decay. The program is for people with certain medical conditions that have been found to be associated with gum disease.4
- Your Health First® program provides options for telephone, online or face-to-face health coaching programs for employees with chronic conditions, such as diabetes, asthma, depression, back pain and cardiac conditions.
- Cigna's Cancer Support program supports employees and their families with information and assistance from diagnosis to treatment to remission.
Benefits of all Cigna Medical Plans
- 24/7/365 live customer service, when and where employees need it
- Award-winning digital tools for employees, including the myCigna® and Coach by Cigna mobile apps
- Worldwide in-network coverage for emergencies
- Consumer driven health plan (CDHP) accounts, including health reimbursement accounts (HRAs,) health savings accounts (HSAs), and flexible spending accounts (FSAs)
- Option for employers to bundle medical, behavioral health, pharmacy, and more
- Self-funded and fully insured funding options for employers
- Dedicated client service team
- Educational content for employees
Results and Customer Insights
For employees targeted through our Better Health. Guaranteed. program, 22% were engaged in phone or online coaching and 58% achieved progress against or met their goal.
1This is a discount program and is NOT insurance. This program is separate from plan benefits. Customers are required to pay the entire discounted charge directly to participating providers. Some programs may not be available in all areas and programs may be discontinued at any time.
2 *In most states, Cigna offers group insurance coverage to employers with more than 50 full-time employees, as well as administrative services for self-funded plans with as few as 25 full-time employees. For information about your state, contact a Cigna representative. For insured employers with 1 to 50 employees in Arizona or New Jersey, please call Cigna at 800.456.6675 or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org for information about the product options available to you.
3Under this performance guarantee program, Cigna will guarantee to reduce a percentage of eligible client’s population health risks from high to medium and medium to low risk, or implement additional health and wellness programs for the client to improve population health. This program is only available for plans with certain Cigna-administered and approved health coverages and services. Employee participation and other requirements apply. Availability of this program may vary by state and is subject to Cigna approval. Complete and prevailing terms are set forth in the applicable performance guarantee agreement.
Product availability may vary by location and plan type and is subject to change. All group health insurance policies and health benefit plans contain exclusions and limitations. For costs and details of coverage, contact a Cigna representative. Cigna group medical plans are insured and/or administered by Cigna Health and Life Insurance Company or its affiliates. Policy forms: OK: HP-APP-1 et al, TN: HP-POL43/HC-CER1V1 et al.