Cigna Leave Solutions® is your one stop for absence administration, providing organizations with a simpler, more coordinated way to effectively manage Family and Medical Leave Act (FMLA), Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA), Paid Family Leaves (PFL) and other types of planned and unplanned absences. It's tailored to your organization’s needs and leave absence policies to help keep workforce productivity and costs on track.
How it Works
Cigna will assess your organization’s current leave of absence policies, identify improvement and efficiency opportunities and recommend solutions for your organization and your employees. Here is a summary of the services we can provide.
- Uniform enforcement of federal and state regulations
- Integration of your company’s leave policies into the process
- One point of contact for employees – regardless of leave type
- Comprehensive fraud prevention monitoring
- Real-time manager/Human Resources communications
- Integrated reporting
- Clinical support for complex leaves and personalized return-to-work support and services
- 24/7/365 online employee access to claim and leave information
- Integration with Cigna Disability plans for shorter durations of absence and higher return-to-work rates4
- 5 days shorter disability durations
- $1,070 average cost savings
- 7% fewer recurring disability claims
Value-add Programs and Services
With Cigna Leave Solutions, your employees and their families have access to a suite of programs and services available for use at any time.1
- Cigna Healthy Rewards® Program –
Discounts for employees and their family members on a variety of health and wellness products and services.
- Cigna Identity Theft Program –
Identity theft prevention and resolution services including personal assistance, guidance and tools to help prevent identity theft in the future.
- Cigna's Life Assistance℠ Program –
Work/life support, referrals to counseling and community services for employees’ and their household members’ life challenges.2
- CignaWillCenter.com –
Online tools to create state-specific legal documents for wills and powers of attorney and resources for estate and funeral planning.
- My Secure AdvantageTM –
Employees with approved disability claims and household members have access to money-coaching for all types of financial planning and challenges.
- Health Advocacy Services –
Personalized assistance to help employees and their family members (including parents and parents-in-law) navigate a wide range of health care and health insurance challenges.3
1 These programs are NOT insurance and do not provide reimbursement for financial losses. Customers are required to pay the entire discounted charge for any discounted products or services available through these programs. Programs are provided by third-party vendors and not by Cigna. My Secure Advantage is a trademark of CLC Incorporated. Contact your Cigna representative for details.
2This program is available at the option of the employer for an additional cost. This program is embedded with LTD, but may be removed upon request.
3 Services available at the option of employer for an additional cost and not available to Health Advocate, Inc. existing clients.
4Cigna internal book of business study, clients who have disability with FMLA vs. those with disability only for claims/leaves incurred 9/2014–8/2015. August 2016. For illustrative purposes only. Results are not guaranteed and actual client results will vary.