Cigna Health and Wellness Programs
Helping to improve workplace wellness through coaching programs, health engagement incentive rewards, and much more.
Real health and wellness solutions for real life.
Total health and wellness results from addressing five key areas of your employees’ well-being: Physical + Emotional + Environmental + Financial + Social
Your Cigna Engagement Consultant will talk with you about how our Cigna Life ConnectedSM approach offers the right mix of programs and services to address your organization's unique health needs and cost drivers.
Physical well-being helps increase energy and improve your ability to accomplish daily tasks.
Emotional well-being helps manage feelings and behaviors, enabling you to be more productive and make more meaningful contributions to your community.
Environmental well-being involves an awareness of the relationship between individual health and your home, work, and community.
Financial well-being helps provide a sense of security and relief from financial stress.
Social well-being can include connecting with others at work, home, and in your community.
Health Accelerated: Life Connected
Learn about this approach to workplace wellness that addresses multiple dimensions of employee health. (Length: 00:01:05)
Health Accelerated: Life Connected
Infographic | April 2020
Real solutions for real life.
Help support the total health and well-being of your employees.
Programs and Services
It all starts with creating a culture of well-being in your organization to help employees stay healthy and prevent illness. We help improve health and productivity while lowering costs by guiding customers to the right care at the right time and place.
- Health Engagement Consultants are available to all new and renewing smaller accounts (51-500)6 and mid-size accounts (501-5,000) at no additional charge. They will assist employers in creating customized health strategies to support healthy employee behavior.
- Our Employee Assistance Program (EAP) compliments wellness programs through targeted seminars, stress management tools, and critical incident and disaster response services, as well as assistance for work and life issues.
- The Healthy Rewards® Program offers discounts on many health and wellness products and services to customers.7
Cigna Health Matters® Program
- Employees complete a Health Assessment that is designed to be simple, fun, and engaging.
- The program integrates with
myCigna.com, where employees can view their health status, incentives, and health recommendations.
- Enhanced client reporting incorporates engagement data from digital tools.
Health Risk Management
- Cigna Health Advisor® program identifies both at-risk and seemingly healthy individuals who exhibit unhealthy behaviors. Through 1-on-1 coaching, we guide customers to make lifestyle changes, close gaps in care and help them choose cost-effective treatments.
- Omada® for Cigna is a digital intensive behavioral counseling program for customers with prediabetes with a focus on sustained weight loss. Participants are provided with a digital scale and work with a virtual coach to learn how to apply meaningful changes through lessons on eating, activity, sleep, and stress.
- Lifestyle Management Programs provide support and coaching with a focus on setting goals, overcoming barriers, and providing the resources and motivation to be successful. Programs include telephonic and online coaching for weight, tobacco cessation, and stress management.
- Cigna MotivateMe® Incentive Program makes it easy for you to offer incentives to your employees so they can understand all their health incentive opportunities, track their progress and earn rewards as they take actions to improve their health.
- Care management services are available for individuals dealing with complex health concerns and high cost, high risk situations, such as traumatic injuries, high-risk pregnancy, multiple sclerosis, and oncology diagnoses.
- Cigna Healthy Pregnancies, Healthy Babies® Program* offers additional support during and after an employee’s pregnancy.
- Whole Health Team is a clinical team structured to support healthy to high-risk customers and provide 1-on-1 support with a health advocate.
- Community Support Program helps social workers identify and remove barriers in order to meet the customer’s basic needs. Once a more stable living environment is established, the customer can better focus on health improvement.
- Cigna's Cancer Support program aids employees and their families with information and assistance from diagnosis to treatment to remission.
- Condition-specific care for bone and joint health is a benefit available for individuals experiencing hip, knee, shoulder, or back discomfort.8
- Personalized guidance and support is offered with a single point of contact that helps find the right treatment options for the individual’s condition, or if needed, prepare for surgery and recovery.
- Access to local in-network health care providers and facilities who meet Cigna's quality measures.
- Low or zero cost for surgery9 from admission through discharge if surgery is needed.
Chronic Care Management
- Your Health First® provides whole person support – body and mind – for 16 common chronic conditions that can be impacted by behavioral change, including asthma, heart disease, type 1 and 2 diabetes, depression, anxiety, and Chronic Obstructive Pulmonary Disease (COPD). Employees work 1-on-1 with a health coach, online or on the phone, to close gaps in care, learn how to better manage their chronic health conditions, and avoid onset of complications.
- Cigna Health Matters® Score uses advanced, predictive modeling to prioritize customers’ health risks for coaches, and to outreach to customers using email, text, or telephone.
- Our Behavioral Health programs help you manage health issues and well-being concerns in your workforce before they become more serious. We provide coaching, support, and resources to assist employees in creating a strong mind-body connection. And when you include our Employee Assistance Program (EAP) services, there’s a greater opportunity to improve employee well-being and productivity.
Benefits of Cigna Medical Plans
- 24/7/365 live customer service, when and where employees need it
Digital tools for employees, including the myCigna® mobile app
- Worldwide in-network coverage for emergencies
- Consumer driven health plan (CDHP) accounts, including health reimbursement accounts (HRAs,) health savings accounts (HSAs), and flexible spending accounts (FSAs)
- Option for employers to integrate medical, behavioral health, pharmacy, and more
- Multiple funding arrangements available for employers
- Designated client service team
- Client reporting, including engagement data from Cigna’s Health and Wellness programs
- Educational content for employees
- My Personal Champion® program works with individuals to create a customized plan that may include benefit assistance, clinical support, and more.
Results and Customer Insights
Cigna Health Matters® Care Management is designed to deliver better outcomes and savings to the employee and employer. The customer may save $350 in out-of-pocket costs and may see a 4 percent reduction in unplanned inpatient admissions by engaging in short-term case management.10
2019 Cigna 360° Well-Being Survey
Incentives Drive Health and Affordability [PDF]
Moments that Matter Most to Health Plan Customers
More Wellness, Mental Health, and Behavioral
Create a culture of well-being in your organization
Contact your broker or connect with a Cigna representative to discuss your organization’s unique needs.
Let's Get Started
Thank you for your interest in Cigna. Please provide some basic information about your company and a representative will contact you.
* Program availability may vary
1 National Health Statistics Report, June 28, 2018, Debra L. Blackwell, PhD, and Tainya C. Clarke, PhD, MPH.
2 WebMD, Dealing With Chronic Illnesses and Depression, August 2018.
3 Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, Exposure to Secondhand Smoke Among Nonsmokers – United States, 1988–2014, December 7, 2018.
4 American Psychology Association, 10/30/18, "The 2018 Stress in America™ survey".
5 Cigna 2018 U.S. Loneliness Index.
6 In most states, Cigna offers group insurance coverage to employers with more than 50 full-time employees, as well as administrative services for self-funded plans with as few as 25 full-time employees. For information about your state, contact a Cigna representative. For insured employers with 1 to 50 employees in Arizona please call Cigna at 800.456.6675 or email us at
7 This is a discount program and is NOT insurance. This program is separate from plan benefits. Customers are required to pay the entire discounted charge directly to participating providers. Some programs may not be available in all areas and programs may be discontinued at any time.
8 Benefit and procedure availability varies by market.
9 Surgery is covered at 100% after your deductible is met if you have a high deductible health plan with a health savings account (or HSA) when you participate and use the providers in the program. Generally, facility and professional services from admission through discharge are included in the program benefit. Charges for covered expenses not included in the program are subject to your health plan’s applicable copays, coinsurance, and deductible, if any. Procedure availability varies by market.
10 Cigna Analytics Health Matters vs. Personal Health Solutions (PHS) Care Management Program Evaluation, 2018; results derived from Nationwide HMCM book of business using match case control study comparing engaged and not-engaged population. Individual client savings/results will vary.
Product availability may vary by location and plan type and is subject to change. All group health insurance policies and health benefit plans contain exclusions and limitations. For costs and details of coverage, contact a Cigna representative. Cigna group medical plans are insured and/or administered by Cigna Health and Life Insurance Company or its affiliates. Policy forms: OK: HP-APP-1 et al, OR - HP-POL38 02-13, TN: HP-POL43/HC-CER1V1 et al.
I want to...
Secure Member Sites
Cigna Company Information
Individual and family medical and dental insurance plans are insured by Cigna Health and Life Insurance Company (CHLIC), Cigna HealthCare of Arizona, Inc., Cigna HealthCare of Illinois, Inc., Cigna HealthCare of Georgia, Inc., Cigna HealthCare of North Carolina, Inc., Cigna HealthCare of South Carolina, Inc., and Cigna HealthCare of Texas, Inc. Group health insurance and health benefit plans are insured or administered by CHLIC, Connecticut General Life Insurance Company (CGLIC), or their affiliates (see
All insurance policies and group benefit plans contain exclusions and limitations. For availability, costs and complete details of coverage, contact a licensed agent or Cigna sales representative. This website is not intended for residents of New Mexico.