Access the care you need - when, where, and how you need it
Say it's the middle of the night and your child is sick. Or you’re at work and not feeling well. Depending on your plan, as a Cigna customer you may have access to one or both of Cigna's contracted telehealth providers, American Well® and MDLIVE®.* Through these services, you can speak with a doctor for help with minor acute conditions such as:
- Sore throat
- Cold and flu
How does the Cigna Telehealth Connection program work?
The program lets you get the care you need – including most prescriptions (when appropriate) – for a wide range of minor acute conditions. Eligible Cigna customers have access to board-certified doctors through online video chat or through phone. This program can help you get the care you need without leaving your home or office; when, where and how it works best for you.
- Choose when: Day or night, weekdays, weekends, and holidays.
- Choose where: Home, work, on the go or when you are traveling.
- Choose how: Phone or online video chat.
- Choose who: American Well or MDLIVE doctors.
Why use telehealth?
Televisits with American Well and MDLIVE usually cost less than going to a convenience care or urgent care clinic, and significantly less than going to an emergency room. And your out-of-pocket cost is the same or less than a visit with your primary care provider.
Remember, you should only use telehealth services for non-life-threatening conditions.
American Well and MDLIVE are both quality national telehealth providers, so you can choose your care confidently. When you can’t get to your doctor, Cigna Telehealth Connection is here for you.
How do I register?
Register for one or both today, so you’ll be ready to use a telehealth service when and where you need it.
1 (855) 667-9722
1 (888) 726-3171
* The services available under your specific medical plan may vary. Refer to your plan documents for a complete description of covered services, including other telehealth/telemedicine benefits that may be available to you. Telehealth providers participating in the Cigna Telehealth Connection program are separate from plan network providers. Not all providers have video chat capabilities and services may not be available in all areas. A Primary Care Physician (PCP) referral is not required. American Well and MDLIVE are independent companies/entities and are not affiliates of Cigna. Providers are solely responsible for any treatment and services provided; they are not agents of Cigna.