Cigna LocalPlus® Plans
We can help you save more on quality care.
Cigna LocalPlus delivers a cost effective solution designed to be flexible and help you control health care costs, without sacrificing the quality and convenience your employees want and expect.
About the Network
Cigna collaborates with health care communities to create local, limited networks of health care providers, specialists, and hospitals that deliver value and results right where your employees live. Employees can access the LocalPlus network in any of our 30+ service areas, which continue to grow. When traveling outside a LocalPlus service area, employees may use the nationwide Away from Home Care feature which provides coverage at in-network cost, for added peace of mind.
Error loading table data.
Typical Plan Structure
Your plan will vary based on what you discuss with your local Cigna representative, but here is a basic summary of how the LocalPlus plan typically works:
- Primary care physician (PCP) selection is encouraged, but not required.
- Referrals are not required to see a specialist.
- Out-of-network coverage is included at a higher out-of-pocket cost, or excluded with a lock-in option on this plan.
- Premiums for LocalPlus plans are often lower than Cigna PPO and OAP plans, thanks to the local, limited network.
- Away From Home Care feature provides nationwide coverage at in-network cost.
- Deductibles can be lower to limit the cost burden on employees, while still encouraging smart health spending. Cost-sharing options are available through customized deductibles, copays, coinsurance, and out-of-pocket maximums.
LocalPlus Gets Results
When compared to clients in similarly designed Cigna Open Access Plus plans, LocalPlus clients could save up to 20% in total medical costs.2
Let's Get Started
Thank you for your interest in Cigna. Please provide some basic information about your company and a representative will contact you.
Benefits of Cigna Medical Plans
- 24/7/365 live customer service, when and where employees need it
Digital tools for employees, including the myCigna® mobile app
- Worldwide in-network coverage for emergencies3
- Most plans offer access to Cigna's large national network of labs, x-ray and radiology offices, and dialysis centers
- Option for employers to offer consumer driven health plan (CDHP) accounts, including health reimbursement accounts (HRAs,) health savings accounts (HSAs), and flexible spending accounts (FSAs) (available with most plan types)
- Option for employers to bundle pharmacy, behavioral health, dental, and more.
- Optional health and wellness incentive programs to encourage and reward employees4
- Self-funded and fully insured funding options for employers, if applicable
- Dedicated client service team
More Medical Insurance Plans
Save more on quality care with Cigna LocalPlus
Contact your broker or connect with a Cigna representative to discuss your organization’s unique needs.
1This listing is not all inclusive and is as of September 2020; subject to change.
2Potential savings estimated, based on an internal national Cigna study conducted in 2019 comparing Cigna’s LocalPlus and LocalPlus IN plans with Cigna’s Open Access Plus (OAP) and Open Access Plus IN (OAPIN) plans with the same benefit structure, deductibles, copay and out-of-pocket maximum limits. Savings are not guaranteed and will vary depending on plan design, geographic distribution and utilization patterns. Medical cost savings do not directly translate to rate or premium rates.
3For Emergency Services as defined by the applicable plan documents.
4Incentive programs are funded by the employer and may not be available with all product types
This plan provides access to a network that is smaller than Cigna’s national Open Access Plus (OAP) network. In this plan customers have access to in-network benefits only from the health care professionals and facilities in the LocalPlus network when in a LocalPlus Network service area. Please consult the limited network directory or visit the online directory at
LocalPlus plans are insured and/or administered by Cigna Health and Life Insurance Company. Product availability may vary by location and plan type and is subject to change. All group health insurance policies and health benefit plans contain exclusions and limitations. For costs and complete details of coverage, contact your Cigna representative. TN policy form: TN - HP-POL43/HC-CER1V1 et al.
I want to...
Secure Member Sites
The Cigna Group Information
Individual and family medical and dental insurance plans are insured by Cigna Health and Life Insurance Company (CHLIC), Cigna HealthCare of Arizona, Inc., Cigna HealthCare of Illinois, Inc., Cigna HealthCare of Georgia, Inc., Cigna HealthCare of North Carolina, Inc., Cigna HealthCare of South Carolina, Inc., and Cigna HealthCare of Texas, Inc. Group health insurance and health benefit plans are insured or administered by CHLIC, Connecticut General Life Insurance Company (CGLIC), or their affiliates (see
All insurance policies and group benefit plans contain exclusions and limitations. For availability, costs and complete details of coverage, contact a licensed agent or Cigna sales representative. This website is not intended for residents of New Mexico.