Cigna SureFit Medical Plans
Health care that's designed to be more personal – and more affordable.
Cigna SureFit® is our new approach to health benefits designed to meet the needs of each employee (and employer) in the communities where they live. Employers may see immediate savings of 10% or more over our Open Access Plus product.1 Cigna SureFit is only available to employers in select areas.2
About the Network
Cigna creates an integrated network of physician groups and hospitals that collaborate closely with each other and Cigna to help drive cost efficiency and create a more personal experience. The collaborative focus gives doctors patient-specific information, insights and resources to improve quality of care and drive better outcomes.
Typical Plan Structure
Your plan will vary based on what you discuss with your local Cigna representative, but here is a basic summary of how Cigna SureFit plans typically work:
- Primary care physician (PCP) selection is required
- Referrals are required to see a specialist. Specialists must participate in the network aligned to the Cigna SureFit plan.
- Out-of-network care is excluded with a Cigna SureFit plan, unless it's an emergency.
The SureFit Difference
- Flexible benefits: Customizable solutions and capabilities that flex to fit the unique needs of customers and employers in a given market.
- Highly competitive discounts: Customers save money when accessing doctors and hospitals in their focused network.
- Delivery system evolution: Innovative ways of convening and collaborating with quality doctors and hospitals using a local lens, to increase efficiency and lower costs.
- Interactive health decision support:
Cigna Easy Choice Tooland other resources give customers the power, insight, guidance and confidence to choose the coverage that fits them best.
- Customer advocacy: A Cigna One Guide® personal guide provides customers with our highest level of personal support. The additional customer support helps employers save time and focus on running their businesses.
Let's Get Started
Thank you for your interest in Cigna. Please provide some basic information about your company and a representative will contact you.
Benefits of Cigna Medical Plans
- 24/7/365 live customer service, when and where employees need it
Digital tools for employees, including the myCigna® mobile app
- Worldwide in-network coverage for emergencies3
- Consumer driven health plan (CDHP) accounts, including health reimbursement accounts (HRAs,) health savings accounts (HSAs), and flexible spending accounts (FSAs)
- Option for employers to bundle pharmacy, behavioral health, dental, and more.
- Optional health and wellness incentive programs to encourage and reward employees4
- Self-funded and fully insured funding options for employers
- Dedicated client service team
Save money with the right mix of benefits - at the right price.
Contact your broker or connect with a Cigna representative to discuss your organization’s unique needs.
1Percentage of savings is estimated based on an internal Cigna study conducted in 2017 comparing Cigna’s SureFit networks to Cigna’s Open Access Plus (OAP) networks assuming equivalent benefit structure, deductibles, copay and out-of-pocket maximum limits. Savings range represents the potential savings and is not guaranteed. Savings will also vary depending on plan design, geographic distribution and utilization patterns.
2Cigna SureFit is only available to employers in select areas.
3For Emergency Services as defined by the applicable plan documents.
4Incentive programs are funded by the employer and may not be available with all product types
Cigna Surefit medical plans are insured and/or administered by Cigna Health and Life Insurance Company. Plans contain exclusions and limitations and may not be available in all areas. For costs and details of coverage, contact a Cigna representative.
I want to...
Secure Member Sites
The Cigna Group Information
Individual and family medical and dental insurance plans are insured by Cigna Health and Life Insurance Company (CHLIC), Cigna HealthCare of Arizona, Inc., Cigna HealthCare of Illinois, Inc., Cigna HealthCare of Georgia, Inc., Cigna HealthCare of North Carolina, Inc., Cigna HealthCare of South Carolina, Inc., and Cigna HealthCare of Texas, Inc. Group health insurance and health benefit plans are insured or administered by CHLIC, Connecticut General Life Insurance Company (CGLIC), or their affiliates (see
All insurance policies and group benefit plans contain exclusions and limitations. For availability, costs and complete details of coverage, contact a licensed agent or Cigna sales representative. This website is not intended for residents of New Mexico.