Cigna PPO Medical Plans
Choice and convenience with savings for in-network care.
For organizations outside of our
About the Network
Cigna's national network of doctors and facilities makes it easy for employees to get in-network care.
Typical Plan Structure
Your plan will vary based on what you discuss with your local Cigna representative, but here is a basic summary of how PPO plans typically work:
- Primary care physician (PCP) selection is not required
- Referrals are not required to see a specialist
- Out-of-network coverage is included at a higher out-of-pocket cost
- Pre-certification may be required for hospitalizations and some types of outpatient care
- Cost-sharing options are available through customized deductibles, copays, coinsurance, and out-of-pocket maximums
Let's Get Started
Thank you for your interest in Cigna. Please provide some basic information about your company and a representative will contact you.
Benefits of Cigna Medical Plans
- 24/7/365 live customer service, when and where employees need it
Digital tools for employees, including the myCigna® mobile app
- Worldwide in-network coverage for emergencies1
- Most plans offer access to Cigna's large national network of labs, x-ray and radiology offices, and dialysis centers
- Option for employers to offer consumer driven health plan (CDHP) accounts, including health reimbursement accounts (HRAs,) health savings accounts (HSAs), and flexible spending accounts (FSAs) (available with most plan types) Option for employers to bundle pharmacy, behavioral health, dental, and more
- Optional health and wellness incentive programs to encourage and reward employees2
- Self-funded and fully insured funding options for employers, if applicable
- Dedicated client service team
Cut medical costs and provide access to quality care.
Contact your broker or connect with a Cigna representative to discuss your organization’s unique needs.
1For Emergency Services as defined by the applicable plan documents.
2Incentive programs are funded by the employer and may not be available with all product types
Cigna PPO plans are insured and/or administered by Cigna Health and Life Insurance Company. Product availability may vary by location and plan type and is subject to change. All group health insurance policies and health benefit plans contain exclusions and limitations. For costs and complete details of coverage, contact your Cigna representative. Policy forms: OK - HP-APP-1 et al., OR - HP-POL38 02-13, TN - HP-POL43/HC-CER1V1 et al
I want to...
Secure Member Sites
The Cigna Group Information
Individual and family medical and dental insurance plans are insured by Cigna Health and Life Insurance Company (CHLIC), Cigna HealthCare of Arizona, Inc., Cigna HealthCare of Illinois, Inc., Cigna HealthCare of Georgia, Inc., Cigna HealthCare of North Carolina, Inc., Cigna HealthCare of South Carolina, Inc., and Cigna HealthCare of Texas, Inc. Group health insurance and health benefit plans are insured or administered by CHLIC, Connecticut General Life Insurance Company (CGLIC), or their affiliates (see
All insurance policies and group benefit plans contain exclusions and limitations. For availability, costs and complete details of coverage, contact a licensed agent or Cigna sales representative. This website is not intended for residents of New Mexico.