What are Employee Mental Health Benefits?
Cigna Behavioral Health administers claims related to the treatment of mental health conditions under your employer’s plan. Your employer’s plan may include access to:
- The Cigna Behavioral Health network of licensed mental health providers
- Mental health services and follow up case management
- Consultations, referral services and outpatient services
- Referrals to local community support groups, behavioral coaches, and online resources
What you need to know about how mental health coverage works1
- Follow your employer’s medical plan requirements to make an appointment with a psychiatrist (a mental health medical doctor), a therapist or an inpatient treatment hospital. Your doctor, counselor or therapist may also refer you and help you coordinate care or treatment.
- Pay your share of costs according to your plan. For plans with a deductible, pay for covered care until you meet the plan deductible, if the plan has one. When you meet the deductible, the plan starts to cover some or all of your costs as outlined in your plan documents. Your mental health and substance use coverage is included under your employer’s medical plan; there’s no separate deductible.
Check your plan documents for information about treatments as you may need prior approval from Cigna before you get the service to receive coverage under your plan.
1Please refer to your plan documents or contact your employer for costs and more information on what’s covered and not covered by the plan.