Cigna Flexible Spending Accounts
A cost-effective option to help meet your employees' health care and dependent care needs.
Let's Get Started
Thank you for your interest in Cigna. Please provide some basic information about your company and a representative will contact you.
Typical Plan Structure
You may offer your employees three types of FSAs:
- A Health Care FSA reimburses employees for eligible health care expenses.
- A Dependent Care FSA reimburses employees for childcare, adult day care, and other eligible dependent care expenses
- A Limited Purpose FSA reimburses employees for eligible vision and dental expenses if they are also enrolled in a
health savings account (HSA)
How it Works
- Employee-owned account
- All health plans are eligible
- Pre-determined, pre-tax1 contributions are made by the employee. Employees can contribute up to the IRS limit each year. Employers can also contribute funds.
- Option to offer an HRA in addition to the FSA
- Option to allow participants to carry over up to $500 of unused funds at end of plan year
- Option to offer two types of debit cards. Health care debit cards can be used at the doctor's office. Retail/pharmacy debit cards can be used to pay for eligible over-the counter and pharmacy purchases.
- Automatic claim forwarding option to pay health care providers directly from the FSA
Benefits of Cigna Medical Plans
- 24/7/365 live customer service, when and where employees need it
Digital tools for employees, including the myCignaSM mobile app
- Worldwide in-network coverage for emergencies2
- Access to Cigna's large national network of labs, x-ray and radiology offices, and dialysis centers
- Option for employers to bundle pharmacy, behavioral health, dental, and more
- Optional health and wellness incentive programs to encourage and reward employees3
- Self-funded and fully insured funding options for employers. May vary by plan.
- Dedicated client service team
Save money with the right mix of benefits - at the right price.
Contact your broker or connect with a Cigna representative to discuss your organization’s unique needs.
1State and/or local taxes may apply. Contact your tax advisor for details.
2For Emergency Services as defined by the applicable plan documents.
3Incentive programs are funded by the employer and may not be available with all product types.
I want to...
Secure Member Sites
The Cigna Group Information
Individual and family medical and dental insurance plans are insured by Cigna Health and Life Insurance Company (CHLIC), Cigna HealthCare of Arizona, Inc., Cigna HealthCare of Illinois, Inc., Cigna HealthCare of Georgia, Inc., Cigna HealthCare of North Carolina, Inc., Cigna HealthCare of South Carolina, Inc., and Cigna HealthCare of Texas, Inc. Group health insurance and health benefit plans are insured or administered by CHLIC, Connecticut General Life Insurance Company (CGLIC), or their affiliates (see
All insurance policies and group benefit plans contain exclusions and limitations. For availability, costs and complete details of coverage, contact a licensed agent or Cigna sales representative. This website is not intended for residents of New Mexico.